aberdeen-music

Best Pub!

Lazy Gun

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

whats the criteria for a good bar.... what makes say' date=' Wild Boar, better than hogs head for instance?! :) just curious as to what makes a good bar in your eyes....[/quote']

A good bar must have certain qualities including, good atmosphere, good lighting, not too dark and not too bright, great selection of drinks, good and friendly service, staff that know how to make drinks, good and varied juker, not to far from home, reasonably priced drink and MOST importantly, pubs that im not banned from!!!

:cheers:

Guest Les Stroszek
my local consists on The Kittybrewster Lounge/Bar (I have yet to go in)

That used to be my local too when I lived at the top of George Street its alright if you can't be bothered going in to town though the Northern Hotel bar up the road is a little bit better. In town I go into the Bassment, Tilted Wig, Blue Lamp (only on Friday nights), Triple Kirks and the Moorings.

The Rosemount Bar -

It's so close to my house I could walk up in my slippers if I was 30 years older

It's owned by an ex AFC Chairman

It's reasonably priced for a pint

It's aiways got the fitba / results / some kind of sporting activity on - on a big screen

It's full of interesting old folk all the time

There's always a paper lying about

The bar staff are friendly and fast

It has a dartboard

It has a cleary rigged puggie you simply cannae jackpot

Smoking is allowed

The general decor makes you feel like you are in a timewarp

It has a lounge attached, so if we are ever "entertaining" folk and want to go for a quiet drink in comfortable surroundings, we always have "the lounge option"

A "real pub" for me indeed!

My more regular haunt seems to be becoming The Wild Boar. I don't really go out drinking that much though... my local consists on The Kittybrewster Lounge/Bar (I have yet to go in)

Archies too' date=' of course.[/quote']

Snap on the Kitty.

I am not too fond of Wild Boar despite the lovely furniture it posesses. It is too dark and lacks good lighting in my opinion.

I like the Wild Boar.

JAM is good for some 69p drinks on a Wednesday, and it's practically on my door step.

I don't find myself in pubs very often anymore, I've started heading into town later and later and just going straight to the "clubs".

The only thing I resent about living up here is that the closest 'local' is The Palm Court

How can you resent the Palm Court? Just because it's difficult to walk after sitting in the chairs, the bar looks like someone's been at it with a chain saw and water leaks over the beer taps when it rains! Other than that it's brilliant, it would be like the Cheers bar if Norm had been an old man who had to be prodded occasionaly to make sure he's not dead.

Guest tv tanned
How can you resent the Palm Court? Just because it's difficult to walk after sitting in the chairs' date=' the bar looks like someone's been at it with a chain saw and water leaks over the beer taps when it rains! Other than that it's brilliant, it would be like the Cheers bar if Norm had been an old man who had to be prodded occasionaly to make sure he's not dead.[/quote']

Attending a Christmas night out there this year as with last, should be interesting...

Guest tv tanned
It is actually a nice place despite the odd flaw' date=' it's relaxed, very friendly customers etc

The only problem is trying to get a pint of McEwans that isn't half rainwater when it's wet outside.[/quote']

aye, and if I remember correctly the roof in their function room is ridiculously low at certain points.

Guest MerryChristmas
The Bassment is the best in the 'Deen.

Especially Fridays.

Every time i go in there people who I have spoken too once come up and treat me like a friend after me not being there for months.

Thats creepy and i dont like it

The windmill is not bad, the criterion is a superb place,

The Moorings and Prince of Wales.

Pricne of Wales because it has such a good atmosphere.

you just like it cos so many men chat you up there.

lochside is my most frequently visited bar but my favourite is moorings. cept for certain scary people that go there. i love that swedish pear cider at archies right now so thats good. and theres always a place in my heart for the howff.