aberdeen-music

Weird pets

Guest She-Wolf

Guest She-Wolf

As I look around my room I see a number of strange little creatures looking at me and just wondered if anyone else has any cool pets.

At the moment I have two fish tanks with a variety of fish including catfish (they have just laid eggs), a leaf mimic, a locust and a cat and a dog. I saved the locust from being killed at uni today. I might buy two shrimp for my fish tank at the weekend.

What strange pets do you have/have you had in the past?

(I have human friends too by the way, well a few ;) )

I thought my mate having iguana's was weird. The things just look out of place in the home, I sh*t my pants when I first seen them (he didn't tell me he had iguanas, 2 of them!) All they seemed to do was scratch the f*ck out of him.

Other weird pets I have seen are tarantula's (I f**kn hate spiders, why would anyone want one thats 50 times the size!), big f*ck off snakes that feed on hamsters (careful porter!) and ugly violent hard as nails mutts of dogs (rottweilers) I mean, you wouldn't have a pet Lion or grissly bear, this is the next worse thing.

My only pet was a wee lizard. RIP ;(

When i was about 12 i had green iguana (Al) who unfortuneately escaped and died from the cold (it was christmas). There was a wee gap under his cage door he squeezed out of. I kept him in a huge jewellery display case, which sadly had a rather makeshift door. I later had 3 tarantulas,(a costa-rican zebra, a horned baboon and a sri-lankan ornamental) the latter one of which i later discovered was highly poisonous. I was really into insects and things when i was younger, but yes, they are dull , despite being scary to some folks they just sit around (or hide in burrows) and don't do much else. Plus the sound of crickets singing day and night got a bit annoying.

I've had a hamster too. But i've really been put off pets like them for life, as it seems all they want to do is escape, and that upsets me. I'd much rather now see animals like that in the wild.