aberdeen-music

George Best

Scootray

Guest DustyDeviada

Or a stupid arsehole who was given a rare second chance that many in the same position would kill for, but still managed to piss it away, depending on your point of view.

I used to know him, he regularly dropped in for a drink when I was the manager of Henry J Beans on the kings road in Chelsea.

this was prior to his transplant, he used to drop in and scoof a large glass of chardonnay in about 3 minutes, but he was always friendly and knew most of us by name. I did hear the classic line from him once 'If my wife asks, you havent seen me today...right?'

One thing I did think was out of order though was when hed given up the booze and came in for the afternoon with alex and some other guy, He stuck to Earl grey tea and Alex (his wife) tanned a bottle and a half of Pinot Grigio..........

Plus the paparazzi got him on the way out and he was on the front page of the Sun the next day leaving our bar with a headline of 'Bestie back on the Booze' or something similiar, when he genuinely hadn't had anything to drink at all.

One thing I did think was out of order though was when hed given up the booze and came in for the afternoon with alex and some other guy' date=' He stuck to Earl grey tea and Alex (his wife) tanned a bottle and a half of Pinot Grigio..........

Plus the paparazzi got him on the way out and he was on the front page of the Sun the next day leaving our bar with a headline of 'Bestie back on the Booze' or something similiar, when he genuinely hadn't had anything to drink at all.[/quote']

Now that's a bit fucked up!