aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Jesus.H.Christ

Point 'n' Click games

Can anyone recommend me a good Point 'n' Click game?

There seems to be a limited number of these types of games (or so I'm aware of).

I've already played The Monkey Islands, The Broken Swords, Grim Fandango, Sam and Max, Day of the Tenticle and I know of Dig but have heard that it's not great

Beneath a steel sky is my favourite. Its now freeware!! You'll need the Scumm Virtual machine in order to run it....

Get it all here http://www.scummvm.org/ go to downloads section, grab the latest versio of scummvm and download Beneath a steel sky and Flight of the amazon queen for free!

Theres a point'n'click creator program which I haven't had much time to muck about with but is dead simple to develop your own games on. You can also download a ton of games people have written themselves using the program. 5 Days A Stranger is pretty cool...

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/

Also you're forggetting about Leisure Suit Larry! And Maniac Mansion!

Point and Click Adventure games are the kings of all games.

I'm currently engaged in the Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon for PS2, it's a twist on the usual Point and Click format where you can move about freely in 3D.

Full Throttle was always good for a laugh as was the origonal to day of the tentical' date=' "Maniac Mansion" although i could never finish it.[/quote']

Yeah got Full Throttle too but will try and find "Maniac Mansion" as I like "Day of the Tenticle". Thanks.

Huh' date=' I''ve never noticed that before. Or I dont think I did, I played that game years and years ago. It's worth digging out then.[/quote']

You played it on the computer in someones bedroom if I remember correctly, it's been a while.

my faves were always simon the sorceror and monkey island but grim fandango is also a classic. beneath a steel sky is ace too, i got that free with a copy of a magazine last year. not tried playing it yet though, might give it a wirl later.