aberdeen-music

Tennents Scottish Cup thread.

Scorge

Guest Jake Wifebeater

an all premiership draw and we had to get one of the big three' date=' it'll be a great match but i'll be leaving any hopes of reliving 1997 firmly at home.[/quote']

Given who you defeated in that final, I would just like to thank you once again. The sight of T****n in that kilt...........

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, good to see that my team (the Bloo Toon) won't have to struggle for cash for the next few months... now if only I can convince my dad that what he really needs to do is spend 6 hours on a supporters bus with drunk Peterhead inhabitants to go to the city he hates most in the world, in no doubt crappy weather/road conditions!

• 4 weeks later...
THISTLE MAKE CUP PROGRESS

07 January 2006

A 12th minute Paul Ritchie goal, his first for the club, was enough to give Thistle a win against a very much in-form Stirling Albion side. As a result Thistle's name goes into the hat for tomorrow's draw for the fourth (last 16) round.

Smiles all round, fingers crossed for a nice draw..........

Why is it when, in the FA Cup, Manchester United will draw somebody like Burton Albion and Middlesbrough draw Nuneaton and its seen as an opportunity for another great Cup shock and good for the game yet in Scotland Rangers draw Peterhead and Celtic draw Clyde, its seen as predictable/fixed. I'm a Celtic supporter and I still remember Inverness Caley (twice!), Falkirk and Raith Rovers. Scottish football is just as subjectable to shocks than English football. Granted they do happen a lot more often in English football but only because there's more teams hence more ties hence more opportunities for a shock result. People need to quit with all this West Coast bias theories. It got a bit bit boring 20-odd years ago.

roy who? im stuck listening to the radio, sounds like a cracking game.

this weekend has been brilliant for football. Yesterdays sensational Dons win, Airdrie coming back from the dead, St.Mirren humbling Motherwell and by all accounts Hearts Killie was a good game.

Add to that Clyde 2-0 up against Celtic and the Luton v Liverpool game the best game ive seen on telly for ages....if only Rangers had been beaten by the Blue Toon

agree. great weekend for football. good comeback from airdrie and the dons yesterday (:D). clyde pulling off a shocker. some scares for bigger cclubs down south too. just hope no such things happenin for united who kick off soon

also two crackers in next round scottish cup

hearts v aberdeen

rangers v hibs

aww fuck' date=' hearts away. we're gonna have to do it the hard way.[/quote']

Great day out though!! :up:

hopefully get off work for this one.

if we win this then surely we will make it to the final (avoiding hibs/rangers that is).

better watch out for spartans though, they've got a bit of a reputation for the odd scalp or two.

FUCK's sake....

an all premiership draw and we had to get one of the big three' date=' it'll be a great match but i'll be leaving any hopes of reliving 1997 firmly at home.

When's the match?

Knight of Swords! holy shnitzel, i though i was the only Kille fan in exile up here ;)[/quote']

Does that mean if you moved home you'd be...

OUT OF EXILE!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Ah' date=' the beauty of the Cup, eh?[/quote']

In a footballing sense, this is the worst I've felt since the 1995 play-offs.

The bastards.

The dirty bastards.

The dirty, tinky bastards.

The dirty, tinky, Airdrie Buckfast bastards.

Still got the CIS semi.

Guest neil ex
For the love of..

Hearts away!!! What is this like' date=' give aberdeen the hardest teams in the cup year?[/quote']

I reckon if we get past Hearts we've got a great chance of winning the cup. Hearts away is one hell of a hard draw though!! I'd fancy Hibs to beat Rangers for the third time this season..

Clyde still managed to beat that shoddy Celtic side even though Kenny Clark (a disgrace) was trying his upmost to keep Celtic in the tie. Clyde absolutely pounded Celtic.

And that draw will be Caley if we can overcome Ayr.

To be honest i don't fancy our chances against thistle' date=' Paul Ritchie will definitely score[/quote']

Apparently Paul Ritchie looks a bit out of shape due to the fact he's been doing little other than warm the Brechin bence for five months. He scored the winner at Forthbank though, that'll do me.

Quite fancy a trip to the Caledonian stadium, haven't been there since it was done up for SPL purposes......