aberdeen-music

Northsound Airplay

jester1470

I'm on the verge of launching a new musical project called Baby Karma wih Blair Cunningham and Emma Forman, we've been working on tracks since November and are interested in getting some airplay for some of the tracks, anyone got any idea of who would be the best person to approach in Northsound nowadays ? The tracks are pop rock, very good (of course ;) ). The tracks were recorded in Post Box Studio's and features some of Emma's stunning vocals over Blair's orchestrations.

Any ideas anyone ?

Cheers

Stuart

another option is to send something to cammy campbell on northsound 2, he occasionally plays local bands but it needs to be pretty commercial, he's even done a couple of sessions with bands.

chris thompson is head of music but i wouldn't hold your hopes too high of getting any airplay on northsound 1....

It's pretty commercial pop/rock, I would think it may have a chance of getting played, for those that have heard or like Emma's solo work, it'll be interesting. I've sent demo's to several people involved within the music industry and have had extremely strong feedback, and we're currently looking at getting a few very special guest musicians to record bits for the album, should be excellent, we've already had strong record company interest, so fingers crossed for us :)

Cheers

Stuart

I was in the car with my lady friend today and she asked what was Northsound 1 like? I said " its crap and concentrates on commercial pish, especially boyband crap.

To prove my point I switched on to Northsound 1 and it was Justin Timberlake, followed by the All Saints.

God knows what other pish was on next.

I might send Andy James a Spike Pile Driver song to play for the morning listeners:bat:

ha ha that would be funny, you should hound james till he succumbs and plays SPD! or kidnap him, stuart is right airplay is airplay but sadly northsound are more concerned with churning out the hits for the masses (which to be fair is their job i suppose) as to breaking any new bands whether they be local or from further afield. even if you were played, the likelyhood is that the DJ would have little interest in what your doing unless your about to break the top 40.

whilst i would expect northsound to actively play pish 90% of the time, its still sad that our local commercial radio station couldn't see that a properly run, time and length slotted programme dedicated to the promotion of the thriving live scene and new music is actually viable option (my propsals for such a show fell on deaf ears when i was there). Sadly they fail to see the bigger picture or to actively want to recruit listeners or a bit of credibilty from a section of what should be in their target market.