aberdeen-music

Oasis - support?

Bryan

Guest five years
well any band would be better than oasis they r pure pish . that is one band i hate i just cant see why ppl like them ... as i have said before utter twoddle

you're 35 aren't you?

Both times they've came up here they've chosen relatively small bands which were 100 times better than anyone could've possibly imagined. Noone had heard much about Travis when they played in 1997 and now they're huge. What a great gig that was. Proud Mary were also a success but only got the gig cos they're Noel's mates and also only got signed to Noel's record label for the same reason. Even though I quite liked their first album I wouldn't exactly say they set the world on fire. I wouldn't really like to guess who'd be supporting them this time around because there are so many up and coming bands that you would expect to fit the bill but they'll probably have someone you wouldn't expect.

Guest bluesxman
Both times they've came up here they've chosen relatively small bands which were 100 times better than anyone could've possibly imagined. Noone had heard much about Travis when they played in 1997 and now they're huge. What a great gig that was. Proud Mary were also a success but only got the gig cos they're Noel's mates and also only got signed to Noel's record label for the same reason. Even though I quite liked their first album I wouldn't exactly say they set the world on fire. I wouldn't really like to guess who'd be supporting them this time around because there are so many up and coming bands that you would expect to fit the bill but they'll probably have someone you wouldn't expect.

Travis were quite good at that first album stage, then went rapidly downhill into blandness. Proud Mary were alright, nothing astounding. One of my mates dragged me to see them at the Forum last year I think it was, as he became unusually enamoured by them, I wasn't too impressed on that ocasion. Had the guy from The Smiths playing bass though...Andy Rourke is it?

Travis were quite good at that first album stage' date=' then went rapidly downhill into blandness. Proud Mary were alright, nothing astounding. One of my mates dragged me to see them at the Forum last year I think it was, as he became unusually enamoured by them, I wasn't too impressed on that ocasion. Had the guy from The Smiths playing bass though...Andy Rourke is it?[/quote']

Yeah that's right, I forgot about that gig. I remember being pissed off because the tickets had Proud Mary as the headliners but they put some band I'd never heard of on last and I thought they were shit. I thought Good Feeling was a great album but I was disappointed with The Man Who and everything that followed.