aberdeen-music

Bored

Guest Bob

There's not enough music coming out that I like. Seriously. What musical bandwagon is fashionable right now, and what haircut do I need to be a part of the scene?

Oh, and recommend me some bands/music while you're at it.

Well i saw you last night sir and you have the jack-of-all-scenes look down to a T.

Fantastic. Do as I do.

Fall out of bed, throw on warmest possible (non ironed) clothes... bypass the shower, the shave, the comb or hairbrush. Get pissed as possible in as short a time as possible.

All hail the new scene messiah!

I played with them at the Lemon Tree Halloween '04 with my old band' date=' Cedar Rose. They are fucking ace, and nice guys to boot.[/quote']

you were in cedar rose? cool. not my cup of tea but i remember it was good. The other support band tigerfin were amazing.

Me and my mate sam were the geeky uber cherryfalls fans at the front.

Some albums I've really liked recently: the new My Morning Jacket album - Z, this is brilliant esp. if you're into things like grandaddy, flaming lips. Danger Doom - Mouse and The Mask is cool if you like a bit of hiphop. Collaboration between Danger Mouse and MF Doom. I think the We Are Scientists album is really good as well, a bit of dumb indiepop but very catchy. Richard Hawley - Coles Corner is brilliant too...

I also heard this song called 'Heartbreaks' ( i think) by a guy called Jose Gonzalez. It's a really chilled out song' date=' absolutely brilliant.[/quote']

that's the song in the Sony advert - the one with the bouncing balls. it is indeed ace.

now, where was everyone at when he played to a half empty Lemon Tree a fortnight ago????

Try Necrophagist Bob' date=' technical death metal at it's best.

Failing that, Heather says the Fall Out Boy album is good... :D[/quote']

Yeah, got the Necrophagist one already, but I'll be sure to check out Fall Out Boy, that's a new one on me!

I really like these guys at the moment' date=' hoping they will visit Aberdeen.

The City Ghosts - [url']www.myspace.com/thecityghosts

I also heard this song called 'Heartbreaks' ( i think) by a guy called Jose Gonzalez. It's a really chilled out song, absolutely brilliant.

awesome band. I'm trying to get them to play Aberdeen soon...