aberdeen-music

Josephine Play Last Ever Gig!!

FUNERAL ANNOUNCEMENT:

It is with deepest regret we inform you all of the recent demise of JOSEPHINE. A former partner of Lithium Records, Josephine passed away gently and is now being laid to rest in DRUMMONDS, Belmont Street, in the fitting sombre setting of the Granite City.

The ceremony will take place this Saturday, 26th of November, 2005, at around 9pm. Josephine will take to the stage in her funeral garb, and allow those of you who knew her in life to come see her in death.

It may be appropriate to bring a wreath, certainly we welcome you all to raise a glass for the death of Glasgow's purveyors of indie-punk-pop... damn those Franz Ferdinand boys for stealing our thunder!!!

In all seriouness, we hope anyone who ever saw Josephine and thought we were OK will come along this Saturday. We've got a stack of albums and records to get rid of at extremely cut down prices, and we'll be hoping you guys come with song requests from the older material!

We want to thank anyone who supported us over the years - Aberdeen has always been our favourite place to play, and that's why we chose our favourite venue to say cheerio!

BRING EVERYONE and help make it a great night!!

THANKS!

Josephine x

So any other projects planned?

Josephine wrote great songs that stick in my head for years.

I will miss Keiths stage prescence,he reminds me of Mark E Smith but is way better.

I will miss Dereks drumming,I love the way he sticks his elbows out.

I will miss the great sound of the Rickenbacker guitar.

I always forget the guitarists name,I have known him for over 10 years tae.

Most of all I will miss the way " advertisment" is sang as Adver-tise-ment ,it reminds me of living in Banff.

oh shit interesting music possee have christ & frogpocket out @ woodend barn

would loved to have seen josephine for the last time.

is there anyway they can be delayed till after 11pm' date=' if so, i'll bring in the bus possee?????

Hope Roz has the FLUTE!!!!![/quote']

Yup will catch most of the night, if you hurry! The 3am license means that we are plumping for a later start and there is a half hour of dj set between bands. First band somewhere between 9.30-10 a four band line up with the live music side of things climaxing in style with the soon to be departed Josephine!

So in summary... for all you promoters and punters that are at other venues get yer butts along to Drummonds as soon as... You may unfortunately miss a couple of acts but should still see staccato set and Josephine. Sorry Roz but its going to be a late one so pace yourself on the falling down juice...

Jim Stacc

what time are josephine on? i presume it is after 11' date=' which (am i right?) means i wont be alowed in :([/quote']

Josephine will be taking the stage around 1am to allow for suitable beverage consumption, sorry! You will need to check with Drummonds with regard to the license...

This night is being organised by staccato set and we were delighted when Eric approached us about a fourth band being Josephine... Saddening circumstances though but potential for a very memorable evening...

Andy Bass will be djing into the wee hours so if any of you managed to witness an after doors closed sesh a Drakes then bring a party head!

J

Guest DustyDeviada
what time are josephine on? i presume it is after 11' date=' which (am i right?) means i wont be alowed in :([/quote']

Jesus, can you stop making posts about not being allowed in because you're underage/your mum not letting you out/not having money/having homework to do? It seems like that's all you ever go on about.

Guest DustyDeviada
I'm sure if you wanted to go to a gig' date=' but weren't sure if you would get in you would ask. . .[/quote']

But you don't just ask, you always fucking moan about being underage/being skint etc.

damn' date=' if only i had 6[/quote']
tbh' date=' chances are im the only underager that would want to go[/quote']
harry potter and the goblet of fire... is anyone going to the middnightist showings on thursday' date=' i really want to, but as far as i know, it is 18's plus only...

damn it...

ross[/quote']

enjoy urself everyone' date=' i WONT be coming, my mum is being an utter dick, eventhough she already said i could and i bought a fecking ticket.[/quote']
( did i spell that right?) what is the deal with entertainment liscenses..? i know it is at the bar's descression what time/if they let under 18's in...' date=' but what are the actual laws?

cheers

and please don't post about what bars/gig venue's do what, coz thats not what im asking)[/quote']

looks like ill have to give this a miss' date=' i am absolutley skint!!! :swearing:[/quote']
That was an amazing gig! shame i had to leave at 11' date=' how much did i miss??

i think that the lighting for voodoo glow skulls was fantastic " ***LOL*** "[/quote']

well' date=' i have no one to go with, and no way of getting home, looks like ill not be going :'([/quote']