aberdeen-music

Franz Ferdinand

framheim

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Franz were really good actually' date=' better than when I saw them at T in the Park... Editors were alright, but were basically Interpol-lite, so I suppose that makes them Joy Division Xtra Lite.

The 1990's had clearly been listening to too many Velvet Underground and Modern Lovers LPs.

Though it was a typical AECC gig with hordes of little girls, neds (Chris and I had a great triplet who were pilled of their faces, then one pulled out a massive spliff, the smoke police never stopped him) and people wearing massive rucksacks. RUCKSACKS?!! What is wrong with people?! Next time I go to one of these shows I am going to bring about 4 suitcases and 18 handbags and just mill around in the middle of the audience. Also, people seemed to have forgotten to say "excuse me". No it's okay fat man, just barge past me, it's not like I'm standing here.[/quote']

so so true, u made me laugh

Guest bluesxman
I thought Franz were really good actually' date=' better than when I saw them at T in the Park... Editors were alright, but were basically Interpol-lite, so I suppose that makes them Joy Division Xtra Lite.[/quote']

I really don't see the Interpol or Joy Division comparison. When I listened to their CD the first time all I could hear was early-Echo and the Bunnymen....

So they are shit because they've become such a big band that even lager louts like their songs?

No because no doubt at some point in JJ's drunken scrawls across town he must have heard their pish music being played on the PA....

That and everyone song follows the same fucking formula...it all just reminds me of the build up in Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners....