aberdeen-music

Franz Ferdinand

framheim

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman
I don't see where any comparisons with Coldplay and Travis come from (except for the singers movements).

I agree, that one lost me too....they can't have been influenced by Travis, they use more than one word repeated over and over in their choruses....

yeah i saw Edith Bowman looking particulary HOT. after editors finished i saw her again with the lead singer from the band. she's been seeing him for a while now i think. that was all i spotted i'm afraid.

Yeah I saw them both in Nice N Sleazy's after the Editors gig in The Garage a couple of months ago. Now that night was a celeb-fest.

But alas, no celebs spotted last night. (Apart from the ones on stage) Was totally digging Paul Thomson's David Shrigley T-Shirt. Andy Knowles, the guitar tech/drummer/keyboardist is Shrigley's Studio assistant dont you know?

so your saying that kids under 14 should not be allowed at gigs? Thats just bullshit' date=' if they like the band they have the same rights as you to go and see that band, its only better for music if kids are getting into bands at an early stage. Would you rather they all took a field trip to see Westlife and fund it from tax payers? Im not a big franz fan and im not a father but i would like my kid to be into franz when they were like 12 coz it gives them a stepping stone to begin to like good music like i do[/quote']

Where did i say that they shouldn't be allowed? I just said it annoyed me, maybe it was because none of them had the adults near them that annoyed me.

And being told that I could not smoke indoors' date=' and if I went outside I would not get back in[/quote']

I just went to the bar area at the east end of the hall and smoked there, never told i couldn't and if i was i would just point out all the other people that were smoking.

also' date=' a fucking hour to get out of that car park[/quote']

I must have been lucky as i was in triple kirks by half 11 :D

also' date=' a fucking hour to get out of that car park. :([/quote']

After the hour and a half to get out of Radiohead a couple of years ago I knew what was going to happen so parked a wee bit down the road and walked up, just so i could get to work on time.

Did anyone else notice that at the east entrance there was a mile-long queue but if you simply walked round the back you could go straight in.,..hmmm

All in all, last nights gig was good.Bands went from being totally gash, to amazing.

I'd struggle to recollect a band that I've seen in recent memory who were worse than the 1990s.Editors were good.Surprised I enjoyed some of their stuff.Franz were just immense!

Best bit of the night had to be the three of them playing the drums at once.

Worst would be the arseholes who wouldn't let no-one past them to get closer to the front.

The thing that spoiled it was the mass of obese 16 year old girls with witches faces near the front... I'm not sure where they came from but they were rude and annoying. You get that with any gig though.

oh my god, YES. I had a munter in front of me the whole time and and and when she danced her fat arsed bounced against me :(

The only famous person I saw was Jamesy :p

Up front at franz

oh my god' date=' YES. I had a munter in front of me the whole time and and and when she danced her fat arsed bounced against me :(

The only famous person I saw was Jamesy :p[/quote']

yeah i also had some fat gothy looking bird in front of me, which surprised me at a Franz gig. After numourous attempts to get arournd her plumply sized body i gave up and proceeded to move along a bit rather than forward. good gig all in all.

All in all' date=' last nights gig was good.Bands went from being totally gash, to amazing.

I'd struggle to recollect a band that I've seen in recent memory who were worse than the 1990s.Editors were good.Surprised I enjoyed some of their stuff.Franz were just immense!

Best bit of the night had to be the three of them playing the drums at once.

Worst would be the arseholes who wouldn't let no-one past them to get closer to the front.[/quote']

1990s were truly awful....

"you're a very nice crowd!"......and you're a very shit band. like a bad kings of leon.

the editors were superb....loved them. great vocals, loved the freak out at the end!

franz ferdinand....great show. so much power, although i felt Take Me Out was a bit lacklustre - maybe they're a bit sick of the song, ala Creep and Radiohead? they did say beforehand they weren't going to play it but did because it was the bassists favourite....

This Fire was so good....perfect way to end the show!

i'll be going to see them again, and the editors if they ever come back.

I didn't think much of the 1990s either, arrived late, missed half their set and wasn't that bothered.

Thought Editors were great, they were the band i wanted to see most (along with the Rakes :swearing: ) and i wasn't disappointed.

Enjoyed Franz too, was a bit worried cos some of the live stuff i'd seen before was awful (think it was the Johnathon Ross performance that was the worst), but they put on a good show (agree with the others who mentioned it, the three drummer bit was really good).

Well i thought it was a fantastic gig - so much better than I'd imagined.

1990s = a nice light hearted opening

editors = fucking amazing, lovin the chris martin dance moves especially. :rockon:

franz = you've got to love them. They played 'Michael' so I was happy. Ended up crowdsurfing..

A couple of things REALLY pissed me off though...

1. People standing with their arms crossed and refusing to move thus taking up valuable dance space at the front.

2. Fat/tall people doing point 1

3. Bams who took to attacking every person thay saw. For example, I had a punch thrown at me and was started on twice...because someone else pushed me in a friendly motion.

4. Having to pay a quid for water when you're clearly near to death from dehydration.

Rant closed.

ACE GIG.

Editors were awesome and blew FF out of that venue. Franz Ferdinand were truly awful. Singing was dreadful' date=' not one of them could carry a tune, let alone in harmony. I walked out after Take Me Out, they couldn't even make a good show of their biggest song. First time I have ever walked out of a gig. And as for The Rakes binning the gig to do Jools Holland, sell out pricks.[/quote']

bollox, ff were really good, editors were good aswell,

I got a ticket at about 6pm before the gig. If I had really wanted to go, I would've got a ticket when they went onsale but I wasn't overly excited to be honest. Then on Monday, I spotted Edith Bowman and the Editors frontman on Union Street at lunchtime. Was gonna try and blag some tickets, but they ran across the road and were lost! Got a phonecall at 6pm offering me a ticket. Must've been fate!

Didn't see much of the 1990s. I thought Editors were pretty cool. I've got their record. Nae impressed wi the shitey dance moves mind you! Liked their 'wall of sound' at the end of some of their tracks which reminded me of a great band from Oxford with four letters beginning with R... :D Impressive live, even though I'm not really into them in a big way. 'All Sparks' was quality.

As for Franz, I really can't knock them. Again, not really a fan, but thought they were really entertaining live, and there's really not a band like them. Doing what they do best, 'making music for girls to dance to' :D

Definitely better than a night in front of the TV. Although not a huge fan of the bands, very entertaining night and glad I went.

I thought Franz were really good actually, better than when I saw them at T in the Park... Editors were alright, but were basically Interpol-lite, so I suppose that makes them Joy Division Xtra Lite.

The 1990's had clearly been listening to too many Velvet Underground and Modern Lovers LPs.

Though it was a typical AECC gig with hordes of little girls, neds (Chris and I had a great triplet who were pilled of their faces, then one pulled out a massive spliff, the smoke police never stopped him) and people wearing massive rucksacks. RUCKSACKS?!! What is wrong with people?! Next time I go to one of these shows I am going to bring about 4 suitcases and 18 handbags and just mill around in the middle of the audience. Also, people seemed to have forgotten to say "excuse me". No it's okay fat man, just barge past me, it's not like I'm standing here.

aye, aecc gigs are always full of folk who've either never been to a gig in their life/just go once every 2 years when something half decent is on at the aecc. It was quite amusing to see (no exaggeration here) about 20 folk with worried looks on their faces trooping to the back within about 5 mins of franz starting