aberdeen-music

Best Indie Act - Vote Now!

The Ghost Of Fudge

Guest Les Stroszek

It was a nice surprise to be nominated for some Fudge awards this year. I can't see us winning really because bands like Dedalus and Eddison are established and have a lot of support and the Little Kicks are good and also nice guys.

Hopefully we're considered 'indie' in the traditonal sense of being independent rather than the form of mainstream guitar rock that gets called 'indie' like Oasis or the Kaiser Chiefs!

Anyway we have a couple of gigs coming up soon - next sarurday at the Moorings and a charity gig at Drummonds on Monday. We'll be playing different sets for these two gigs and playing some new stuff as well. Hopefully a few people can check us out to see if we deserve a vote!

Hopefully we're considered 'indie' in the traditonal sense of being independent rather than the form of mainstream guitar rock that gets called 'indie' like Oasis or the Kaiser Chiefs!

I reckon all the bands in this category are nominated according to the latter. If it was the former then every band in Aberdeen would be eligable.

Guest Les Stroszek
I reckon all the bands in this category are nominated according to the latter. If it was the former then every band in Aberdeen would be eligable.

Maybe I should have said alternative as opposed to the kind of guitar pop thats been called 'indie' since Britpop. Thats what I meant. Anyway what the catagory means isn't something im taking seriously. It was just nice to have been nominated and we're not going to take winning it seriously either! :rockon:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Les Stroszek

I think if we win I'll believe Elvis is still alive! I think you and Doug should stage an MC'ing battle. A bizarre but rather funny one broke out at Drummonds last night as I was trying to clear my stuff offstage!

its good fun actually' date='! i forgot to check it for a week and went back and was like eh, so tense!

such friendly competition is always good banter, me and doug strozek have history tho, so if they win, well have a high noon shoutout for winner takes all!! ha[/quote']

I'll give you a little kicking contest Stefan.

Boom boom.

Todays random trivia - Little Kicks drummer Bob Turner went to Mearns Academy and was the very first drummer for Aberdeen Metal Supergroup' date=' Black Atom. He has also appeared in an advert which I believe was for The Bank of Scotland.

/x[/quote']

Indeed he was. What a handsome chap! But Eddison get my vote, because they're the best band in this city by quite some distance

Love from christy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...