aberdeen-music

Santa...

sludge

I got given a "500 questions and answers" book which just so happened to have "is santa claus real?" and an explanation of how he originated, what kind of evil fuckers put that into a childrens book? I kept pretending until the year after because my parents were more into it than I was: Halloween's always been my favourite time of year

Hehe, got a limp 2 minutes!?

Me likey your avatar. Very cool. My sister showed me the presents she found in the unused room in our old house, all were signed 'love santa' so I kinda figured from there. I did get into trouble not too long ago for telling my boss' little girl that santa died cause she told me I had a spider in my hair and I freaked. The kids face was priceless though!! :)

Hehe' date=' got a limp 2 minutes!?

Me likey your avatar. Very cool. My sister showed me the presents she found in the unused room in our old house, all were signed 'love santa' so I kinda figured from there. I did get into trouble not too long ago for telling my boss' little girl that santa died cause she told me I had a spider in my hair and I freaked. The kids face was priceless though!! :)[/quote']

since when are you scared of spiders?

Although I also believed that Tinkerbell was real and wrote her a letter...

what did you do when you realised the tooth fairy wasnt real?

I was about 8 and found 2 under my pillow, when I asked my gran I got "oh the tooth fairy must have been pissed", my gran had been on a night out and came stumbling in and didnt realise my grandad had already put my money under my pillow....

Santa is a great excuse to get my little sister to do what what shes told though..

I was about 8 and found 2 under my pillow' date=' when I asked my gran I got "oh the tooth fairy must have been pissed", my gran had been on a night out and came stumbling in and didnt realise my grandad had already put my money under my pillow....

Santa is a great excuse to get my little sister to do what what shes told though..[/quote']

I was staying at my mates house when i lost a tooth, and i got more money from the tooth fairy than i usually got. That made me realise that soomething was amiss.

I was about 8 and found 2 under my pillow' date=' when I asked my gran I got "oh the tooth fairy must have been pissed", my gran had been on a night out and came stumbling in and didnt realise my grandad had already put my money under my pillow....

Santa is a great excuse to get my little sister to do what what shes told though..[/quote']

Again I guess it phased out so gradually I can't remember when I realised the Tooth Fairy wasn't real either...

I do still have all my milk teeth though.

Not in my mouth obviously, but in a lil french walnut box thing with the inscription "dents du lait" (Milk teeth), apparently my mother thought it would be "nice" to keep my milk teeth... actually I guess it kinda was.. in weird sorta way /ramble.

i still remember the day well...

i was looking in the bathroom cabinet, and i came across a little tub.

inside were my baby teeth.

i challenged my mother about them, and she told me the tooth fairy didn't exist, i remember leaving her bedroom and walking down the hallway, stopping halfway and going back and cahllenging her about santa claus. she told me the truth, but let me in on the whole grown up boy responsibility of keeping the secret cause my sister was still young enough to believe.

still keeping that secret to this day, my elder sister had a son, and now have to keep it secret from him although my little sister is well past it...

in related stories, i was watching miracle on 34th street today, In God We Trust. Made me think, who says he's not real, all we need is a little faith.

Again I guess it phased out so gradually I can't remember when I realised the Tooth Fairy wasn't real either...

I do still have all my milk teeth though.

Not in my mouth obviously' date=' but in a lil french walnut box thing with the inscription "dents du lait" (Milk teeth), apparently my mother thought it would be "nice" to keep my milk teeth... actually I guess it kinda was.. in weird sorta way /ramble.[/color']

My mum has all the teeth that have fallen out of my mouth and my sisters mouth IN HER PURSE. I'd have said "wtf, mum?!?!?!" when I saw them, but she'd have knocked the rest of my teeth out with her handbag

I think I may have been as old as 10 when I found out Santa wasn't real, but I still blubbed like a little girl. Some things never change

I asked an older friend who told me.

The following year, I had a chat with my younger sisters.

"Santas nae real, but if you pretend you think he is, you'll get mare presents. Da tell mam or dad though!"

Xmas day, all 3 of us up at 5am, into the living room, hud the bus, fars all the presents?

"Remember, you said santa wasn't real!"

My mum had heard everything I'd said, and to teach me a lesson, had hidden our presents!

I asked an older friend who told me.

The following year' date=' I had a chat with my younger sisters.

"Santas nae real, but if you pretend you think he is, you'll get mare presents. Da tell mam or dad though!"

Xmas day, all 3 of us up at 5am, into the living room, hud the bus, fars all the presents?

"Remember, you said santa wasn't real!"

My mum had heard everything I'd said, and to teach me a lesson, had hidden our presents![/quote']

Haha. That's quality.

I was told of Santa's non-existence by my pals' Dad, when I was six and excitedly on my way to the Girls Brigade Xmas Party. I was devastated but my parents and elder brother vehemently denied it was the case, and I went on half-heartedly believing until the following year when I marched downstairs and into the living room on Xmas Eve, to ask who'd won Mastermind (I was an odd child and we didn't have TV's in our bedrooms in 1975) and found mum wrapping up my Doll's Trousseau and frilly pink cot which I'd asked for. By that point I wasn't really bothered - just reassured that the right presents would continue to appear.