aberdeen-music

Recording for unsigned bands - help!

Guest Savant

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Simple solution, start your own label. If I can do it (well, with assistance from the wife), then anybody can. Spindles of 100 CDr's are only £12.

Guest Steven Dedalus

Aye, Maxi, I take your point. But (with the excpetion of Project Ven Hell) none of them are going at it hammer and tongs and getting this city a name for itself. (except possibly Filthpact and My Mind's Weapon). And maybe the other ones as well. But it's still nice to see a local band trying to put themselves on the map, and showing that if they can do it, then anyone can. Ignoring any personal ties to colon openbracket I may have, I was still dead chuffed to have a total stranger asking me about them cos he'd heard them on the radio and read something about them in the press or something.

I doubt it. If they had done' date=' they'd have realised that 3/4 of the monkeys album is crap.

AKM[/quote']

yeah no record company would touch a band thats music has sold so much, who cares if its good or not, they have one thing on their mind and thats whether it will sell well or not. Do you really think simon cowell liked the tellytubbies?

none of them are going at it hammer and tongs and getting this city a name for itself. (except possibly Filthpact and My Mind's Weapon).
We're not doing anything to get this city a name for itself. the majority of this city and its "scene" couldn't give two fucks about Filthpact and to be honest, we don't really care.

Guest five years

i really want to see colonopenbracket...heard mixed reviews of their live show ranging from 'the worst band i've ever seen' to 'ok'

i can't believe they were signed on the basis of the couple of songs on myspace...

but in answer to craig's question...i'd always go for quality over quantity always...what's the point going in the studio with the intention of not making something sound as good as you can? just so you have more stuff to sell? why bother in the first place?