aberdeen-music

phat tom's plan to get buff pt 3 - no sleep till chrimbo

Guest Tam o' Shantie

You need to do something man' date=' you looked unhealthily skinny when i saw you last night. Unless of course you're going for the 'Tom Hanks in Philadelphia' look. I thought you looked better as 'Intermediate Tom'.[/quote']

Tom doesn't look unhealthy. But he definately doesn't need to lose any weight.

on a funnier note: im now doing a gym + weights program, specially made by a mr sports scientist dude, which involves me in the free weights gym with all the buff guys, who know gym terminology and all that, and im bench pressing 25k i'll have you know....erm yeah its not for muscle but for speed, gotta love them squats, help!

tom, me and you , arm wrestle, outiside now!

Guest MerryChristmas

Lost half a stone since last month, can bench 90kgs easily

Swim at the pool every day except tuesday, swim in the sea off the beach at least once a week, 20 lengths between 2 trestles

Have cut down on alchohol, only drinking water and milk

Eating only plant matter.

I feel really weak. When i was 18 and going to the gym the most I could press was about 40/50 kilos....squats and dead lifts I got to about 200.....which I thought was pretty good untill I read the results of folk the same age entering the power lifting comps, people much lighter than me (i was 12 stone at the time) were squatting like 280/300....fucking nuts!!! And pressing 120....my arms just weren't meant to have strength..

I started going to the gym 4-5 times a week before I did the Edinburgh marathon to lose weight and get fitter so I didn't die during the event, which I guess worked because I lost about 2 and a half stone... I just use the fitness machines for exercising the muscles, what position does bench pressing refer to? Is it while lying completely horizontal?

Yeah' date=' lying right back with legs on floor.

Funnily enough I was gaining weight when I started going to the gym...it wasn't until I stopped going after I lost my job and starved for a year that I lost some weight which went right back on the second I could afford to eat again...:down:[/quote']

I think it's relatively normal to put on some weight initially, as muscle weighs more than fat. Though that's maybe what friends said to avoid telling me that I was becoming a tubby whale.

What's a relatively normal weight to be bench pressing then?