aberdeen-music

Good venues in Edinburgh and Glasgow?

Hog

don't go near whistle binkies, they're notorious for fucking about bands and for a clientele that usually couldn't give a toss about what's happening in the far part of the bar. Bannerman's is okay, as is Studio 24. The Subway can be cool if it's the right night, but is a bit hit or miss.

no idea about glasgow

Rockers in glasgow is pretty cool

bannermans in edinburgh is ok... and whistle binkies..

try and avoid subway in edinburgh.. smells like wee

:gringo:

Agreed, Rockers is a pretty cool venue, was there on Saturday, it would be perfect for you Hoglet and I could get a contact for you if you want. Edinburgh, theres a fair few places.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest Les Stroszek

Whistle Binkies is rubbish the bands seem to be secondary to the drinking and most of the crowd seemed to hide round the front. Soundhaus in Glasgow was a different matter though it has a nice big stage, we got a good turnout and reception and everyone seemed to be there for the music probaly because its not really a drinking venue.

Guest pop-notmyface
don't go near whistle binkies' date=' they're notorious for fucking about bands and for a clientele that usually couldn't give a toss about what's happening in the far part of the bar.

[/quote']

the stage in that place is pretty akward too. i don't know why, it just is.

Guest bluesxman

When I lived in Edinburgh Whistle Binkies was a quality night if you wanted to get drunk and watch whatever random folky type band that was playing, I know it's been done up somewhat since I used to go but can't imagine it's a place for out of town bands to play and try and get exposure. It just used to fill up with drunk tourists. Cas Rock used to be OK. Liquid Rooms is OK but maybe a bit big? I went to The Subway once, it was grim. Very grim.