aberdeen-music

Danelectro Reel Echo

Guest MKII

I see that you are looking at the offer on eBay. Well, firstly it is 85. That is 15 more than Music Store in Colgne and they provide a three-year guarantee. My guess is that the eBay item is just another forwarding scam. i.e. you bid, you pay and the seller orders it from Music Store and gets them to send it to you.

http://www.musicstorekoeln.de/en/global/0_0_G_0_ACC0001363-000/0/0/0/detail/musicstore.html

Also Thomann in Munich is slightly cheaper:

http://www.thomann.de/thoiw2_danelectro_dte1_reel_echo_bodeneffektgeraet_prodinfo.html

Guest lime ruined my life

i just got it for 35 in a pawn shop, it's deff worth over 70 i'd say.

its really nice, there's a lot of control on it. it's more analouguey than digital i think. But then i guess you should expect that of a reel delay simulator.

• 6 months later...

yes, it's good but really big.

i find the tube setting pretty waffly though, so i just use the ss setting. i think the warble is a bit useless too.

Guest MKII
yes' date=' it's good but really big.

i find the tube setting pretty waffly though, so i just use the ss setting. i think the warble is a bit useless too.[/quote']

I dig big pedals, but for those that have pedal boards and the like hmmm.

The tube setting is pretty noisy too, the tube/warble sounds good for electric sax and flute though.

EDIT: noticed something else, when using the sound on sound setting, if what ever is being played on top has a high input volume it leaks through slightly and gets added to the loop/infinite echo.

I dig big pedals' date=' but for those that have pedal boards and the like hmmm.

The tube setting is pretty noisy too, the tube/warble sounds good for electric sax and flute though.

EDIT: noticed something else, when using the sound on sound setting, if what ever is being played on top has a high input volume it leaks through slightly and gets added to the loop/infinite echo.[/quote']

really? i havnt noticed that at all, but iv just been using it with a fairly low output guitar.

it's also quite beneficial to run it off of a power source. i ran it off batteries once and it died REALLY quickly, and when it starts dying it sound like total shit! each repeat loses all clarity and starts crackling. i've only really used it for guitar and the valve setting was far too boomy and waffly, although iv thought about using it with my keys.

i'd dig big pedals too if i wasnt on the look out for a breifcase to hold them all in, and owning the reel echo makes it quite a chore. since getting it i've been quite intruiged in the spring reverb model, but the size of both would make it totally impractical.

#edit# just thought id mention that when the battery starts to die you can't get infinite loop either, pretty shit in a gig situation!