airport taxis - 775555

allys taxis - 782066

bridge cabs - 488777

bucksburn taxis - 770555

cadgers taxis - 742370

leathan taxis - 780158

xpress cabs - 211717

people cabs - 876768

It just so jhappens that when I read that message I had the yellow pages in front of me, at that exact page.

BTW Rainbow city bought pretty much every other taxi firm in Aberdeen but keep them listed in the phone books to get more business, so don't be surprised if every one of those nubers puts you through to Rainbow City.

Elwood

airport taxis - 775555

allys taxis - 782066

bridge cabs - 488777

bucksburn taxis - 770555

cadgers taxis - 742370

leathan taxis - 780158

xpress cabs - 211717

people cabs - 876768

It just so jhappens that when I read that message I had the yellow pages in front of me' date=' at that exact page.

BTW Rainbow city bought pretty much every other taxi firm in Aberdeen but keep them listed in the phone books to get more business, so don't be surprised if every one of those nubers puts you through to Rainbow City.

Elwood[/quote']

I know Bucksburn taxis are Rainbow now cause everytime I phone Rainbow they answer "Rainbow Bucksburn Taxis".

Rainbow's pretty much a monopoly these days, what with the ridiculous situation at the airport (how is it in any way right that they control the airport taxi licences?) on top.

I'm surprised they've been allowed to control so many of the licences - especially as many of those licences have grandfather rights as far as not having taxis that are accessible for the disabled. I know you can't get a new licence in Aberdeen unless your taxi is accessible - so what good does it do for the public when all the old licences are being controlled by one company?

I got a guy the other week who'd just set up a new company. As far as I can remember it was 'Ace Cabs'' date=' 595959.[/quote']

That's who I booked. Never heard of them before. If they're new that explains why they were the only company not fully booked tonight.