aberdeen-music

MMW vs Spike?

Hog

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be fun still :)

But surely if Scroge wouldn't play the gig with Spike' date=' he wouldn't do it Ascension?

Although he did mention that due to repeated Doc's orders he might have to stop drumming for Ascension. Now I'm assuming he wasn't advised that simply because the Doctor isn't a Conquest Of Steel fan... ;) But surely if it is due to strain on his leg muscles, he would stop playing for Spike more so than you guys? There's a lot more room for variation when drumming in power metal than in grind, and I'd have thought that the relentless bass drum patterns in Spike couldn't be compromised - where as there could be many ways around permanently doing constant 16th double k's in Ascension?

(the above is in no way being negative towards scroge or different styles of music being better than other styles. I have currently got my 'genuinely interested' cap on at the moment)[/quote']

We can persuade him I'm sure, and by that I mean a swift kick to the crotch. He has to just cool down on the drumming for a while, I don't know what his plans are yet for this. If he had to stop drumming completely I think we would keep him on as Keyboards and maybe temporarily use a drum machine (he has an Alesis SR-16) until we find a new drummer.

I'm not sure yet, but I will say an official yes to this gig from Ascension. We aren't a horrible bunch of ogres and elves, nae easy chaps who just happen to enjoy the works of J.R.R. Tolkein lol...

I'm sure once people stop cracking jokes about dragons, and actually listening to the songs (especially the lyrics) they will maybe realise that we do have something to offer musically.

And vice versa for ourselves. If we can keep the gig all in good fun and keep the shitty snide remarks out then I am all for it and think it would be great fun.

However, this does mean enough of the shitty snide comments, Milner & Scorge i'm looking at you.

We can persuade him I'm sure' date=' and by that I mean a swift kick to the crotch. He has to just cool down on the drumming for a while, I don't know what his plans are yet for this. If he had to stop drumming completely I think we would keep him on as Keyboards and maybe temporarily use a drum machine (he has an Alesis SR-16) until we find a new drummer.

I'm not sure yet, but I will say an official yes to this gig from Ascension. We aren't a horrible bunch of ogres and elves, nae easy chaps who just happen to enjoy the works of J.R.R. Tolkein lol...

I'm sure once people stop cracking jokes about dragons, and actually listening to the songs (especially the lyrics) they will maybe realise that we do have something to offer musically.

And vice versa for ourselves. If we can keep the gig all in good fun and keep the shitty snide remarks out then I am all for it and think it would be great fun.

However, this does mean enough of the shitty snide comments, Milner & Scorge i'm looking at you.[/quote']

thats a wicked post.

i guess when one side says "emo metal, all hair cuts and "she dumped me lyrics" its natural for the other to go retaliate using the stereotypes that power metal is related to you know?

it's natural.

thats a wicked post.

i guess when one side says "emo metal' date=' all hair cuts and "she dumped me lyrics" its natural for the other to go retaliate using the stereotypes that power metal is related to you know?

it's natural.[/quote']

Yes however, reverse the "sides" around and you get a better "live model" for the situation.

However, that is quite in the past now - which is why we are speaking about this gig.

next.

Yes however' date=' reverse the "sides" around and you get a better "live model" for the situation.

However, that is quite in the past now - which is why we are speaking about this gig.

next.[/quote']

hmmm. sorry! now i disagree. without entering into a "they started it argument" it has to be noted that gregor's attitude is terrible. he does nothing but damage peoples initial perception of you and comes off as a total amateur and someone who's mouth should be kept shut. i have no idea what ascensions ambitions are, wether it be to take it as far as possible or JUST to play music. either way his attitude stinks and his posts are cringeworthy 95% of the time im afraid. believe me, im long enough in the tooth to know what im talking about and have seen more of the industry than most on these boards. i'd tell him to let his guitar playing (which i hear is awesome) do the talking instead.

hmmm. sorry! now i disagree. without entering into a "they started it argument" it has to be noted that gregor's attitude is terrible. he does nothing but damage peoples initial perception of you and comes off as a total amateur and someone who's mouth should be kept shut. i have no idea what ascensions ambitions are' date=' wether it be to take it as far as possible or JUST to play music. either way his attitude stinks and his posts are cringeworthy 95% of the time im afraid. believe me, im long enough in the tooth to know what im talking about and have seen more of the industry than most on these boards. i'd tell him to let his guitar playing (which i hear is awesome) do the talking instead.[/quote']

well yes, but you don't grasp that this is an ongoing thing and has been for a while. I don't think anyone evens remembers how/why it started. But your other post basically says that we did, which is not for you to say anyway.

Well I guess that's why he was banned, that's what happens. Come to the gig, and see for yourself!

@Milner:

fair play' date=' that's an opinion.

But if your mum had cancer I wouldn't be posting on here saying I like to cum all over her bald head, would I?

Think about it pee-brain.[/quote']

I don't get it, why wouldn't you just cum all over her tits anyway? Unless they removed them... hmm.

I don't get it' date=' why wouldn't you just cum all over her tits anyway? Unless they removed them... hmm.[/quote']

well ok 'll cum all over the gap where her norks used to be, theen with the second load go for the bald head. win win.

The point is, milner should be quiet.

Come on guys' date=' let's aim for a higher standard here. The constant sniping isn't making anyone look good.[/quote']

My point exactly, hence why I am trying to get milner to shut it, because he's not actually this much of a turd usually, it doesn't suit.

the only reason im being a "turd" is because ive read months and months of scourge having a go at weapon for being shit/sell outs/whatever and now the one chance he is given to show that his shit has been founded he bails. Now i know that most of the guys from these two bands are good guys, ive met jake and hog on numerous occasions and both are really nice guys as is kirt. ive not met you doc but from what ive been told you are a nice guy. Having read back i will say im sorry for having a go at the other guys in these two bands cause its obvious that everyone else is pretty much up for this thing and its unfair of me to have a go. But scourge is a pussy, its that simple.

to be honest most of my posts on here were in the hope that gregor was going to send me a heap more abusive/thretening pm's but alas the poor kid has been banned, again.

the only reason im being a "turd" is because ive read months and months of scourge having a go at weapon for being shit/sell outs/whatever and now the one chance he is given to show that his shit has been founded he bails. Now i know that most of the guys from these two bands are good guys' date=' ive met jake and hog on numerous occasions and both are really nice guys as is kirt. ive not met you doc but from what ive been told you are a nice guy. Having read back i will say im sorry for having a go at the other guys in these two bands cause its obvious that everyone else is pretty much up for this thing and its unfair of me to have a go. But scourge is a pussy, its that simple.

to be honest most of my posts on here were in the hope that gregor was going to send me a heap more abusive/thretening pm's but alas the poor kid has been banned, again.[/quote']

It is big of you to admit fault on tarring all members with the same brush, respect for that.

Just keep it off the thread from now on k? We are trying to organise this as a bit of fun - given our history the whole thing will not work unless we all go into it with an open mind and a "clean slate". If any of the shit from the forums rears its ugly head, the gig will end up in not very good spirits.

I'm anxious for all this shit to be cleaned up, every is/has been at fault at some point. I mean everyone. This is a good chance for a no hard feelings, have a laugh event where we can all offer what we do, different thought it may be, without people being utter fuckign wankers and pissing all over the place.

Lets keep it cool from now on :)

It is big of you to admit fault on tarring all members with the same brush' date=' respect for that.

Just keep it off the thread from now on k? We are trying to organise this as a bit of fun - given our history the whole thing will [b']not work unless we all go into it with an open mind and a "clean slate". If any of the shit from the forums rears its ugly head, the gig will end up in not very good spirits.

I'm anxious for all this shit to be cleaned up, every is/has been at fault at some point. I mean everyone. This is a good chance for a no hard feelings, have a laugh event where we can all offer what we do, different thought it may be, without people being utter fuckign wankers and pissing all over the place.

Lets keep it cool from now on :)

yup thats fair enough man. :)

enough said.