aberdeen-music

MMW vs Spike?

Hog

Right' date=' I'll see whats open at The Tunnels in December? If so..

We could do

Festr, Ascension, MMw and Spike

I'd be up for that

3 quid on the door

all money for charity

plan?[/quote']

to my knowledge there is one free date left at tunnels in December...and the idea of this gig has grown on me.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Jesus, I lose internet access for a few days and look what's being organised behind my furry back. If it's good-natured and for a worthy charity, I'm not entirely averse. However, Scorge is not keen so tatties end of story.

Ok, as the thread on the top of this forum says, I have booked the 11th of December with Hen. I am in need of some decent bands. I already have Ascension (thanks guys) and need some others. If you are interested to play this gig, either PM me or post here. The bands who I have already contacted, please get back to me ASAP, so I can make posters.

Also if someone would like to do DJ duties, that would be ace.

Thanks

Hog

Ok' date=' as the thread on the top of this forum says, I have booked the 11th of December with Hen. I am in need of some decent bands. I already have Ascension (thanks guys) and need some others. If you are interested to play this gig, either PM me or post here. The bands who I have already contacted, please get back to me ASAP, so I can make posters.

Also if someone would like to do DJ duties, that would be ace.

Thanks

Hog[/quote']

put us down for it Hog. :)

That would be fun still :)

But surely if Scorge wouldn't play the gig with Spike' date=' he wouldn't do it Ascension?

(the above is in no way being negative towards scorge or different styles of music being better than other styles. I have currently got my 'genuinely interested' cap on at the moment)[/quote']

There's a significant difference - I'm the only member of Ascension objecting, and I'm not going to stand in the way of four of my bandmates just because of my own grudge (that being I think you're posting like a c**t and that MMW are a shite band who I have no desire to see again).

I'm not playing for both bands in one night: it's impossible to give 100% over two sets regardless of how demanding (or not) they are on the pins/etc, and I'd much rather concentrate on the set of songs which a) are more technically difficult, and b) everyone else on the same stage geniuinely wants to perform.

so it's settled' date=' FeSTR to open![/quote']

Hope you could pop up for it, calm before the storm, etc.....

the only reason im being a "turd" is because ive read months and months of scourge having a go at weapon for being shit/sell outs/whatever and now the one chance he is given to show that his shit has been founded he bails. Now i know that most of the guys from these two bands are good guys' date=' ive met jake and hog on numerous occasions and both are really nice guys as is kirt. ive not met you doc but from what ive been told you are a nice guy. Having read back i will say im sorry for having a go at the other guys in these two bands cause its obvious that everyone else is pretty much up for this thing and its unfair of me to have a go. But scourge is a pussy, its that simple.[/quote']

And as soon as you repeat this horseshit to my face, I might believe it......

i think a mr scorge is scared.

scared that nick weapon would eat the fucker alive haha!

It'll be the other way around, you obviously haven't seen the size of me in a while :laughing:......

See you on the 11th, you shower of bastards.......

You make a standard 4/4 beat sound as if it's the hardest thing in the world.

You're in for a shock if you think standard 4/4 is all we do, bucko ;)

(Oh, and standard 4/4 can be a pest when a) you're playing it for up to 13 minutes at a time and b) you've eaten all the pies, and c) you're half cut when you go near the tubs. Wouldn't have it any other way, though :D.)

I know you are not keen on playing Scorge but thanks for bearing with this gig you would rather not be at. Its for a good cause and I owe you a pint. Also the other bands esp MMW, I am well chuffed that you guys can play.

The heckling between the 2 bands is fun :D

I know you are not keen on playing Scorge but thanks for bearing with this gig you would rather not be at. Its for a good cause and I owe you a pint. Also the other bands esp MMW' date=' I am well chuffed that you guys can play.

The heckling between the 2 bands is fun :D[/quote']

If we're going to play, one of your bands has to play, preferably Spike.

Haha Jamesy, Spike just wont play, it would kill Scorge to play both sets (although that might not ba a bad thing in your books :D ) Jake doesnt want to play. Element 106 might play, depends if our bassist gets back from Italy in time. Saying that, I have an idea up my sleeve............. :D

Guest MerryChristmas
MMW draw a large crowd who dig the band' date=' SPD and Ascention dont do either of these things really.thats why they refuse to play i think.shame, be great to get all the tough talking bastards together in the real world to settle old scores, kill each other, spit on the ground, swear etc.sounds like a cop out to me, for fear of being blown away by the very band they so vocally protest against.i feel sorry for SPD and ascention.[/quote']

Like a one night only fight club where everyone signs a disclaimer saying they agree to fight for such amount of minutes or until a friend throws in the towel? :D

Id be up for that kicking some botty :rockon:

You still needing a dj Hogmeister??

My recent playlist goes from

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Sqaurepusher - Cypress Hill - Sonata Arctica - Dead Kennedies - Obituary - Kyuss - Mayhem - The Beatles - Megadeth - Mr Bungle - Naked City - Led Zeppelin - Ulver

YOU KNOW YOU WANT IT !!!!

I DO NAUGHTY REQUESTS

Yep, that is an eclectic mix. :cheers: