aberdeen-music

MMW vs Spike?

Hog

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well hog, you know we'd be up for it. You know as well as I do that it's all just banter on here... even if it does get taken a little far sometimes ;)

I'm sure if it did happen most people from all bands would sit in the corner embarrassed cos they'd slagged off people on here, haha :D

I think it would be fun to have MMW, Spike, Ascension and another band on the same bill... :)

Spike or Ascension could go on first, then another band (say radio lucifer for example), then MMW, and then either Spike or Ascension could close the night (that way Scorge's legs could recover).

But I guess if some members of Spike are far too scared and not up to the task of the idea then it'll never happen...

imagine the amount of people willing to see Grind vs Power metal vs emo (wink wink) vs rock and roll in all one night!

well hog' date=' you know we'd be up for it. You know as well as I do that it's all just banter on here... even if it does get taken a little far sometimes ;)

I'm sure if it did happen most people from all bands would sit in the corner embarrassed cos they'd slagged off people on here, haha :D

I think it would be fun to have MMW, Spike, Ascension and another band on the same bill... :)

Spike or Ascension could go on first, then another band (say radio lucifer for example), then MMW, and then either Spike or Ascension could close the night (that way Scorge's legs could recover).

But I guess if some members of Spike are far too scared and not up to the task of the idea then it'll never happen...

imagine the amount of people willing to see Grind vs Power metal vs emo (wink wink) vs rock and roll in all one night![/quote']

I'm not scrred nor embarassed, im just not into the whole band rivalry thing, and i dont think this gig would work. everyone there to see weapon would hate spike, ill be first to admit it.

I'd sooner take a crusty shit and perform fallatio ('sucse the spelling, I'm a bit pished) on it that get on the same stage as MMW, and despite the fact I've had at least eight pints of GEC whilst posting this, my opinion is unlikley to waiver by tomorrow night (nor will Doc's or Jake's waiver at ANY point ever.........)

I'd sooner take a crusty shit and perform fallatio ('sucse the spelling' date=' I'm a bit pished) on it that get on the same stage as MMW, and despite the fact I've had at least eight pints of GEC whilst posting this, my opinion is unlikley to waiver by tomorrow night (nor will Doc's or Jake's waiver at ANY point ever.........)[/quote']

you know you're squabling for the same piece of the pie as everyone else? there's really no room for rivalries at this level. it's just ridiculous. you guys can taunt each other all you want on here (up to a point) but to refuse to play a gig with them is just silly. You all play metal of some form or another so there's no reason why the fans of one band won't like the other. Or do you not trust the intelligence of your own following?

MMW draw a large crowd who dig the band, SPD and Ascention dont do either of these things really.thats why they refuse to play i think.shame, be great to get all the tough talking bastards together in the real world to settle old scores, kill each other, spit on the ground, swear etc.sounds like a cop out to me, for fear of being blown away by the very band they so vocally protest against.i feel sorry for SPD and ascention.

be great to get all the tough talking bastards together in the real world to settle old scores' date=' kill each other, spit on the ground, swear etc.sounds like a cop out to me, for fear of being blown away by the very band they so vocally protest against.i feel sorry for SPD and ascention.[/quote']

This would be fun.

But steve does make a good point that the majority would be weapon fans so perhaps not a good idea. I suppose.

MMW draw a large crowd who dig the band' date=' SPD and Ascention dont do either of these things really.thats why they refuse to play i think.shame, be great to get all the tough talking bastards together in the real world to settle old scores, kill each other, spit on the ground, swear etc.sounds like a cop out to me, for fear of being blown away by the very band they so vocally protest against.i feel sorry for SPD and ascention.[/quote']

FIrstly, regardless of Scorge's posts, Ascension have nothing to do with this. This is MMW vs. SPD.

I don't often turn down gigs, and probably wouldn't turn this down but essentially we have 3 different genres, so its not that one band is better than the other. That is impossible.

You might say MMW is the best band because you like their style of music and not ours. A power metal fan will most probably think Ascension to be the best, and surely some drunk guy will like SPD (jesting :) ).

Its a tough one, I do agree that MMW would draw more people because their genre is a popular one these days (wow I'm actually being nice here...), more popular than the music we play...

To get a big power metal following you need to go farther afield than a few cities, however you could find a sizeable (i don't want to say emo but have no other word) "emo" following in Aberdeen.

Anyway back on track, realistically I don't think this gig would work but fair play if enough people care why not?

MMW draw a large crowd who dig the band' date=' SPD and Ascention dont do either of these things really.thats why they refuse to play i think.shame, be great to get all the tough talking bastards together in the real world to settle old scores, kill each other, spit on the ground, swear etc.sounds like a cop out to me, for fear of being blown away by the very band they so vocally protest against.i feel sorry for SPD and ascention.[/quote']

Perhaps you should spend less time feeling sorry for bands and more time taking art classes.

Christmas is just round the corner...the season of goodwill to all men. Surely you can all find it in your hearts to play one big' date=' happy feel-good gig around this time, sink a few beers with each other and resolve any differences you have face to face? All three bands have a following, the majority of whom either don't care about your recent tiffs or find them a source of amusement, and will be grateful to have the opportunity of enjoying their favourite band playing in a decent venue with a big, happy festive crowd.[/quote']

Couldn't put it better myself.

I'm not scrred nor embarassed' date=' im just not into the whole band rivalry thing, and i dont think this gig would work. everyone there to see weapon would hate spike, ill be first to admit it.[/quote']

And everyone there to see Spike would possibly hate mmw... but if you don't play to a new audience you'll never know who might like your band! I'd personally love to play in front of a bunch of grind fans...

FIrstly' date=' regardless of Scorge's posts, Ascension have nothing to do with this. This is MMW vs. SPD. [/quote']

This isn't even MMW vs Spike really... that was just a fun tag Hog called this thread. there's no competition to see who is better!

I don't often turn down gigs' date=' and probably wouldn't turn this down but essentially we have 3 different genres, so its not that one band is better than the other. That is impossible.[/quote']

three DIFFERENT styles of metal... all in one night! There's nothing bad about that :)

Its a tough one' date=' I do agree that MMW would draw more people because their genre is a popular one these days (wow I'm actually being nice here...), more popular than the music we play...

[/quote']

but think about it... past the lack of long hair and tight back t's.... the music we play SHOULDN'T be less popular than you guys? Our songs aren't even structured as songs for example (eg rarely have a verse section repeated). MMw style is certainly HEAVIER (not faster) than Ascension's, got guitar solos too... you guys have verse/chorus song structures and more repeated melodies for people to remember! (I'm not saying that any of the above is bad and good - but the perception that we have simple emo metal songs is highly inaccurate :))

A lot of our 'fans' are into pretty extreme music so if you played well there is no reason they wouldn't like Ascension. :)

I'd also like to think that if the power metallers looked past our clothes and hair then they'd like some of our stuff too... If music shouldn't be image based then it shouldn't matter at all what you look like.

I'd sooner take a crusty shit and perform fallatio ('sucse the spelling' date=' I'm a bit pished) on it that get on the same stage as MMW, and despite the fact I've had at least eight pints of GEC whilst posting this, my opinion is unlikley to waiver by tomorrow night (nor will Doc's or Jake's waiver at ANY point ever.........)[/quote']

honestly, Scorge. HONESTLY - Why wouldn't you want to get on the same stage with MMW?

Is it because you think we are rubbish? Because you think I/Jamesy am/is a dick? It has to be one of those two... and either way it's a pretty lame reason not to play with another band.

yeah but unforunately alot of dickheads simply don't like us because of this forum - they don't even bother about the music at all. It seems to be alot of people who like MMW (I've noticed) that don't like us...

I wouldn't mind playing this gig actually, I don't see why it wouldn't be fun - but I have no time for people who will undoubtably call it some sort of "show down to see who's the best". It is not possible to chose a best band out of us 3 (is what I'm saying) due to the fact that our styles are quite different, and more often than that mutually exclusive.

You can't say Shania Twain is better than 50 Cent, or vice cersa - they both do different things that can't really be directly compared, if you see what I mean.

So when's the gig ? :D

three DIFFERENT styles of metal... all in one night! There's nothing bad about that........

.....and pretty much everything dan said

i dont see how this gig 'wouldnt work'! Its a gig - take the "best" bands of a selected number of genres or dare i say 'metal genres' - hey presto - biggest local gig of the month! Great atmosphear, fun times! Id start a power metal band just to be a part of this! Its a good way for the bands to reach out to new fans have a laugh! I dont see anything wrong with a line up of a Hardcore/Emo (whatever) band, Punk Band, Rock band, power metal band, grind band, country band...WHATEVER! playing the same bill! My band dose it all the time! :cheers:

it would be a great night - i dont think it would be a letdown at all! I'm not a big fan of Spike or MMW but it would be a sweet night!anything to see Hogs ass on stage! and Ben MMWs sexy eyes! :rockon::rockon::rockon:

Is it because you think we are rubbish?

Finally nailed it!

To be fair, if all three other members of SPD geniuinely wanted to play this circus (oops, I mean gig), I'd probably go with it, but that's not the case.

I see no benefit in doing it, perhaps other than to fulfil the wants of a handful of board members, which doesn't interest me at all......