aberdeen-music

Mesa Engineering Single Rectifier Rect-O-Verb Series II Combo for sale

HateEvent

Hey people.

I'm selling my Mesa, simply to change to a different amp.

I bought it 11 months ago. I have since revalved it with 6L6 valves (it was biased to El34s but I had it biased to 6L6 again).

It has been out of my room twice since I purchased it, once to play at a school talent show and once to play at KEF. Other than that, home use only.

It's 50 Watt of valve power for those not aware already. Single 12" speaker.

Those that are most likely to be genuinely interested will probably know what this amp is all about, for the rest, here's the spec in full:-

Full description of the amp

It is the one right at the top which I am selling, the all black 1x12 combo.

4.jpg

2.jpg

RRP 1695 (note: Mesa Boogie keep their prices constant, no different from place to place), asking for 1000.

I also have an 'Amp Mate' Flight Case which will be provided with it :up:

If interested, please reply here and/or PM me.

Thanks, James

Guest five years

can i ask...why on earth would you spend 1700 on a 1x12 COMBO??! even if it is a mesa...it's not gonna sound as good as comething you could get for a hell of a lot less than that...

Don't worry' date=' he works in R&B, so no doubt paid buttons for it via staff discount. ;)[/quote']

I'm not scamming people with my price though :up: (compared to what I bought it for I mean).

Regarding why on earth I'd pay that: it's similar for Americans buying Marshall, like a DSL401 - it will cost ALOT there, just like Mesa here. I tried it and liked it, so I bought it. Now I wish for something different.

Wow' date=' a whole 50 off.

Ambassador, you are spoiling us.[/quote']

Well I'm not exactly gonna halve the price in 2 weeks am I?! :D

So tell me, how long does it take for you to halve the price?

But seriously, perhaps you could increase my comfort level on a couple of issues.

I do not like this EL34 business: either the previous owner was a tinkerer or worse, the amp has some tube issue. More in general, tube amps are great, but regardless of make, one out of (say) 20 is a lemon. Which is no problem when it's under warranty or very cheap, but this is neither.

So, what can you tell me to assure this is no lemon (and does not burn a set of tubes every 3 month, it does not lose crispyness after 2 hours of gigging, starts humming every now and then, etc etc).

Also, you say you had the bias changed to 6L6 - isn't that a question of flicking a switch?

cheers

Karl

The fact it is running EL34s means absolutely nothing. Series II rectifiers have a bias select switch on the back that allows you to set the amp for either 6L6 or EL34 - whatever is your preference

This is a standard feature and having EL34s in it does not indicate that the amp is faulty. It does indicate that at some point in time the tubes have been changed as they ship with 6L6 stock. But a tube change is standard maintenance on a valve amp.

Rect-O-Verbs are very nice amplifiers. I have played one myself - they have a nice 'going to tear your face off' distortion.

I also reguarly speak to the main Mesa tech in the UK and he said the Rect-o-verb was the nicest of the recitifier series, and also the most reliable.

Craig

So tell me' date=' how long [i']does it take for you to halve the price?

But seriously, perhaps you could increase my comfort level on a couple of issues.

I do not like this EL34 business: either the previous owner was a tinkerer or worse, the amp has some tube issue. More in general, tube amps are great, but regardless of make, one out of (say) 20 is a lemon. Which is no problem when it's under warranty or very cheap, but this is neither.

So, what can you tell me to assure this is no lemon (and does not burn a set of tubes every 3 month, it does not lose crispyness after 2 hours of gigging, starts humming every now and then, etc etc).

Also, you say you had the bias changed to 6L6 - isn't that a question of flicking a switch?

cheers

Karl

I'm not planning on halving the price if that's what you are hinting :nono::D

Well the previous owner must simply have preferred EL34's. Yes, it is simply the effect of flicking a switch to change it from EL34 to 6L6. It had the EL34s when I got it, I used them for a month or so, then changed them to 6L6 (to see what they were like, and also because I had a talent show to play and wanted them to be in full working order, so as a just in-case).

I've had the current valves in for 10 months and they still sound good. I've had not one problem with hums or crackling or anything either.

The fact it is running EL34s means absolutely nothing. Series II rectifiers have a bias select switch on the back that allows you to set the amp for either 6L6 or EL34 - whatever is your preference

This is a standard feature and having EL34s in it does not indicate that the amp is faulty. It does indicate that at some point in time the tubes have been changed as they ship with 6L6 stock. But a tube change is standard maintenance on a valve amp.

Yeah that's pretty much it regarding the valves! Couldn't really put it much simpler!

• 1 month later...
Guest DustyDeviada

Have you put it in Scot-ads every week?

Alternatively won't R&B give you a decent price for it if you work there?

Just goes to show the dangers of buying expensive equipment in the North-east though, difficult to off load if you have to.

Have you put it in Scot-ads every week?

Alternatively won't R&B give you a decent price for it if you work there?

Just goes to show the dangers of buying expensive equipment in the North-east though' date=' difficult to off load if you have to.[/quote']

It hasn't been in Scot-Ads yet.

No they won't as they need to give me a price which they can reasonably mark up but not by too great a level that they won't sell it themselves. Also, the fact that it's not gonna be easy for them to sell either may make them a bit unsure about taking it.

Yes, it is very dangerous buying expensive stuff up here then trying to sell it! :down: