aberdeen-music

Hip-hoppers...

Wax

Wax has only been going for 7 months, and already we've had the likes of DJ Q-Bert, Rob Swift, Fingathing and Prime Cuts as special guests, plus not forgetting those Freaky Menoovering cats!

2006 has in store: Ugly Duckling, DJ Format, Breakestra, Herbaliser, Mark Rae...and possibly a repeat Q-Bert show or even an Aberdeen debut for MixMaster Mike!

We're looking to build our mailing list, offering in return discounted tickets to the above, drink offers at shows and an (ir)regular newsletter. Fair swap? We think so...

To sign up, send a blank message to waxhiphop@gmail.com.

Who's AJ from aberdeen ?

he he, nice point "the US have moron rappers, we have people with intelligent rap..." (quite so!)

hold on...what about AntiCon ? (or are they too high brow ?)

"People are fed up listening to the likes of 50 Cent going on about their own excesses. People like British artists because they bring a more intelligent message through rap music. I would like to see the UK instrumental hip-hop scene get more recognition - it's second to none.

AJ, Aberdeen "

(discussion about UK rap in the US)

Which board did you see that on Lepeep?

it was a quote on the "have your say" on the BBC..and mine got on there too!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4455862.stm

We've all known British hip hop is fantastic for ages, since the Brotherhood, Gunshot, Gemini twins etc we had amazing foundations... since Big Dada set up , we've had an amazing platform for UK rap, be it underground or commercial.

Phil Thompson, Aberdeen Scotland

the bug, in the deen, lovely...

ask simon (mothboy) for a slot, as he knows K mart.

and note that Alafu is on Mothboy's latest 12" "Exonian". (a 12" you should all have!) (C.S.R - I'll be making a video for this over the next 2 months...)

http://www.adnoiseam.net/label/catalog/52/enter.htm

and Mothboy recently played with Blu Rum 13 in france, and looks like he might do a guest vocal on his next lp...fingers crossed!

Wow New Kingdom, a blast from the past. Unicorns Were Horses was pretty good from what I recall. I don't think they are still on the go though.

Cannibal Ox was one of the best shows I've seen live. It was them an Aesop Rock and I must admit I expected a bit of a lacklustre show but it was super good.

Yea PUTS are a good show but for anyone who's been around a bit will have seen them

many times (even I've dj'd with them a couple times). Same as Ugly Duckling.

I guess they are safe bets though, well about as safe as it gets up here, it would just be nice to see some fresh acts, as long as people show up.