aberdeen-music

The date is set...

Neil

The date for the upgrade and launch of aberdeen-music v5.0 has now been tentatively set!

I can now announce that this web site will be completely closed from 6pm on Friday, 2nd of December and will re-open sometime during Sunday, 4th of December (at the latest). If previous major upgrades are anything to go by then the web site will re-open much earlier if all goes well (probably sometime on the Saturday).

The number of changes and additions that this upgrade will consist of are too numerous to mention in just one post. What I suggest you do is read the last announcement regarding the upgrade for an idea of what the upgrade will be all about. There are a number of important points in addition to the last announcement that I would like to make however.

These are as follows:

- All existing user profiles, posts, private messages and settings will be migrated to the new version of the web site. There will be no need to re-register.

- As mentioned before all members banned from the web site as of the 2nd of December will be allowed to return to the web site. However, their banned user accounts will be deleted prior to the upgrade and so they will need to re-register.

- New rules and guidelines will take affect following the upgrade. Everyone must ensure they familiarise themselves with these as they will be considerably stricter than what is already in place just now. They will be accessible from the new main menu by selecting Guidelines.

- People under the age of 13 will no longer be permitted to register on aberdeen-music. In order to facilitate this the birth date in your user profile will now become mandatory. However, you will still have the option to make your age public on the web site or not.

- As mentioned previously the web sites look and feel will be completely different and this includes the layout of the forums and menu options. Therefore, please ensure you refresh the web site in your browser following the upgrade to make sure all pages display correctly as some previously cached pages may cause problems with viewing the new web site.

I cant wait to unleash the new web site on you people. I think this will be a very positive evolutionary step forward for aberdeen-music and should further enhance the web sites usefulness to the local music scene of Aberdeen. Fingers crossed for a smooth upgrade. :)

Guest tv tanned
- People under the age of 13 will no longer be permitted to register on aberdeen-music. In order to facilitate this the birth date in your user profile will now become mandatory. However, you will still have the option to make your age public on the web site or not.

This is commendable, but is it not difficult to police?

I like the sound of the new options though.

Any chance of letting us know the new guidelines in advance' date=' so people know what to expect?[/quote']

I'll see what I can do. I haven't even let the staff see the new guidelines yet so once it has been reviewed by them then I will try and it make it public before the upgrade.

Guest pop-notmyface

I can now announce that this web site will be completely closed from 6pm on Friday' date=' 2nd of December[/b'] and will re-open sometime during Sunday, 4th of December (at the latest). If previous major upgrades are anything to go by then the web site will re-open much earlier if all goes well (probably sometime on the Saturday).

oh dear, what are we going to do for two days without the wasteland?

i cannt begin to comprehend :p

oh dear' date=' what are we going to do for two days without the wasteland?

i cannt begin to comprehend :p[/quote']

I'm more looking forward to everyone wondering where The Wasteland has gone when the new web site goes live...

Guest pop-notmyface
I'm more looking forward to everyone wondering where The Wasteland has gone when the new web site goes live...

haha, outrage!

i can see it coming already....

P&J: "Wasteland Highjacked, Punters Waste Time Somewhere Else"

When you post on here' date=' do you blindfold yourself and then randomly hit the keyboard with sausages or was that an attempt at a coherent sentence?[/quote']

yes.............

Guest pop-notmyface
When you post on here' date=' do you blindfold yourself and then randomly hit the keyboard with sausages or was that an attempt at a coherent sentence?[/quote']

that actually made me laugh. a quality reply (not that i expected any less).