aberdeen-music

Classical guitar for sale

Scott!

Hmm, since there were no takers last time and my post's dropped of the forum, back again for sale is my 1998 La Patrie Collection classical guitar. It's in good shape aside from a little bit of repair work that has been done on the back. It's handmade in Quebec by the same company who makes Seagull acoustics. I bought it in Canada and haven't seen any La Patries here, but they're well-regarded in their home country. I will string it with a brand new set of D'Addario Pro Arte standard tension strings upon purchase. Tentative price is 120, but reasonable offers will be considered. Anybody interested? I have pictures and can supply them if you PM me.

Cheers,

Scott

Yes it is nylon-strung, as per the definition of classical guitar. (There are many other differences also, which I can elaborate if you so desire.) On your question of price, everything's cheaper in Canada (my current classical guitar which I purchased for about 400 equivalent new costs about 800 in the UK), but it cost me about 200. I've played some classicals at the shops around town worth more than that however and they can't hold a candle to this one. It's probably not a great choice for soloing though, body join's at the 12th fret and thus anything beyound about a G on the first string is pretty much unreachable.

Guest DustyDeviada

yep, don't put steel strings on a classical guitar whatever you do as they don't have a truss rod and the tension will soon result in a banana effect on your neck.