Sign in to follow this  
Marc

Nme awards tour 06

What a fucking ace line up:

Mystery Jets

We are Scientists

Arctic monkeys

Maximo Park

Expected to have 2 dates in Glasow on the 27th and 28th jan and one in edinburgh on 29th, fucking exam time again but dont care

apparently there will be presale tickets going on sale on monday, i will try and find out more, these tickets will go very quick.

will be going to this. i've been going to the NME awards shows in the last couple of years and they've been great.

not sure I like this lineup as much as previous years. I mean Maximo Park are already fairly big. They won't get that much bigger by Jan/Feb time next year. Arctic Monkeys are of course already huge. To me the NME awards tour should be about getting fairly unknown bands more exposure. And those 2 bands don't need it. We Are Scientists and Mystery Jets do though.

Anyway We Are Scientists and Arctic Monkeys sells it for me.

will be going to this. i've been going to the NME awards shows in the last couple of years and they've been great.

not sure I like this lineup as much as previous years. I mean Maximo Park are already fairly big. They won't get that much bigger by Jan/Feb time next year. Arctic Monkeys are of course already huge. To me the NME awards tour should be about getting fairly unknown bands more exposure. And those 2 bands don't need it. We Are Scientists and Mystery Jets do though.

Anyway We Are Scientists and Arctic Monkeys sells it for me.

but they do have new music tours and club tours aswell which give exposure to smaller bands, the 'awards shows' should be sporting bands that may be likely to win awards maybe this year or next. They did have club tours not too long ago with the likes of the rakes etc b4 there album came out. Anyway i think its a better line up than last years, i like bloc party and futureheads but kaisers and killers? i see your point about maximo park, theyve just finished an nme tour, nme could have easily made arctic monkeys the headliners and put someone smaller in below them but not complaining. tickets will sell out extremely quickly for this people, you have been warned

no presales to the best of my knowledge, better get up early 2moz morning, im gonna try my best, damn exodus' 1 drinks on monday nights

Anyone got tickets then' date=' I managed to get for the edinburgh date, can't wait[/quote']

where did you get them from?! i've tried ticketmaster all day and all it says is

Tickets are currently not available online for one of the following reasons. Please check back for availability.

UGH... damn you ticketmaster.... :swearing:

There were a small amount of tickets released on a Pre-Sale basis, the official ticket sales begin on the 30th.

i'd suggest the usual outlets (on the 30th)

Wayahead

NME tickets .com

Ticket Web

Row

rumours now circulating that dirty pretty things have been confirmed and not mystery jets, this must be too good to be true?