aberdeen-music

harry potter and the goblet of fire

Guest MDP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of mine is that Harrys scar is a Horcrux. Dumbledore said Voldemort unwittingly put a bit of himself into Harry the day he tried to kill him.

Someone in here (apologise to whoever it was but i think your 100% right) also pointed out who they thought was R.A.B. Sirius's brother and ex Death Eater Regulus Black.

One of mine is that Harrys scar is a Horcrux. Dumbledore said Voldemort unwittingly put a bit of himself into Harry the day he tried to kill him.

Someone in here (apologise to whoever it was but i think your 100% right) also pointed out who they thought was R.A.B. Sirius's brother and ex Death Eater Regulus Black.

I agree about the horcrux' date=' but i thought that it would actually be harry that was the horcrux, so that must mean he has to die.............does it!!??!

What was the thing to do with RAB again?

And Dumbledores defo alive, i havent figured out how yet though, but i had a weird idea involving Hedwig haha!! Ive got to lay off the drugs!!!![/quote']

i reckon dumbledore is maybe alive. But im SURE sirius is 100% alive.

I thought it was awesome!! I was so excited!! There honestly wasn't a dull second in the entire film. The acting was superb. I think the kids really maturedin this role.

It was also the funniest thing ever! I was laughing all the way through it (apart from when...that bit at the end...I almost cried!!)

Did anyone else play the XBOX in the cinema screen? That's possibly the coolest thing I've ever done! Having played the game on my girlfriends 14 inch TV and then playing it on a.....wtf, I've no idea how big a cinema screen is, but there's no contest!!

And did anyone notice that the rabbit had Pink-Eye?

Plus....did anyone else think Voldemort was more like The Gay Lord as opposed to The Dark Lord? Slightly disappointed in him....:(

SPOILER ALERT!

Voldemort was fucking awesome! I've had some time to mull it over, and i'd give this movie a 7/10, the beginning jumped around a lot AND they missed out some essential things (harry giving the triwizard winnings to fred and george, ludo bagman, barty crouch jrs son being in court with bellatrix lastrange and denying his involvement), but aside from this i thought it was awesome. the acting was great, there was humor, bad language and some really dramatic scenes. i nearly cried when harry took cedric back to hogwarts. overall an awesome movie, probably a 9/10 if you've never read the books, but for a big book fan i'd say a seven because of what they missed out (i know it's logistically impossible to fit everything into a movie that's already overly long but...eh)

They did miss out an awful lot and it seemed like the first quarter of the book took place in the first 15 minutes, but it was still great. What annoyed me most though was the way in which they dealt with the Rita Skeeter subplot.

I was also disappointed with Lord Voldemort at the start but I changed my mind at the end. I had him in my head as non-human, even when he returned, so that's my mistake really.

I have never read any of the Harry Potter books, but have ended up watching all the films due to my girlfriend being a fan. I enjoyed all the films apart from the second one, but have to say that the new film is the best yet. A good story, good performances, and like Logan said, there is not a dull moment in the whole film (almost 2 and a half hours).

Yep, its definately the best Potter film (from the best Potter book) - I think a large amount of that is due to the editing out af the child actors as much as possible! That and the kick-ass direction and great cameos from some of Britains finest. The CGI was good too, and the Death Eaters/Voldemort were creepily ace.

Good stuff

Oh my God. Am I the only one who noticed how they utterly wrecked the book?

They basically skipped over the entire plot line. They completely missed out the explanation of the entire movie. I was furious.

And that guy who played Cedric Diggory...he would DEFINITELY "get it".

I noticed that there were lots of things missing, but I saw this thing on MTV and the director was yabbering about how he wanted it to be an "action movie" and because the book was so long they just used all the exciting/actiony bits.

and yes, cedric diggory would get it ;)

i thought the second half of the film was ace, but the first half was really difficult to get into, possibly because they were skipping over so much stuff. i also thought they should have had more at the quiddich world cup, given how much they must have spent setting up those scenes. missing out ludo bagman, and dobby coming out of the woods with harry's wand and all the suspicion seemed to wreck the first half of the film. think if they were gonna cut anything out it should have been rita skeeter.

I enjoyed it muchly, I can see why they made cuts and changes but I can't see why they didn't just cut Rita out completely. Would also liked to have seen the chapter at the end of the book where Dumbledore sends the members of the Order of the Phoenix on their way. I enjoyed that. Voldemort was groovy too, mucho nastiness there.

Snape should have had more screen time. He should have had all the screen time. Or at least a spin-off movie called Snape's Big Adventure

They totally overlooked the whole Rita Skeeter being a Animagus. And ruining her and stuff which sets up another subplot in Harry Potter 5 (which I'm guessing they'll probably cut).

I just hope Luna Lovegood is in the next movie and that she's as awesome as in the book.

I got most annoyed at how they completely skipped the whole Barty Crouch (senior) smuggling his son out of Azkaban, and then eventually losing control etc etc etc.

Actually, what makes it even more infuriating is the fact that they didn't even skip it out. They included parts, such as Barty Crouch (senior) being found dead in the woods (where was the explanation for that?), and that TENSION between Mad-Eye Moody and Crouch after the 2nd task.

And what was with them forcing the truth serum down Crouch's throat (junior), and then just asking him "do you know who I am?!".

Either miss out the whole plot, because it's too complex, or include it all.

WARNER BROS, WHAT ARE YOU PLAYING AT?

P.S. I'm cooler than I sound.