harry potter and the goblet of fire

Guest MDP

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

P.S. I'm cooler than I sound.

Don't lie.

If you think about it, all that stuff was really just subplots. Who's to say it doesn't happen in the Movie reality? It's just not shown. Because basically the entire movie is from Harry's perspective. It's his journey, and it's showing his ups and downs. Plus, it's already 2 hours 35 mins long, adding in all the extra bits everyone wants would mean splitting the movie into two parts, each lasting 2 hours 35! I am incredibly grateful that they got rid of the whole S.P.E.W thing. That was so utterly boring and pointless.

It was entertaining, but probably the most disappointing yet. Too much happened with little follow up or explanation, the Wizard's tasks were retarded (apart from the dragon one, that was great.) Dumbledore came across like a hyperactive buffoon, not the slick mistress he usually is, and seriously, what the fuck was up with all that shit about the highschool ball? So much time wasted on that. Like I said though, it was entertaining and I look forward to watching it again I guess, just wish it had been longer and actually covered the book. Emma Watson is not only attractive, she's a pretty good actress.

I enjoyed it alot but left pretty disappointed.

compared to the previous films it was a great improvement

im glad that there was very little repitition that the last 3 had. (somthing bad happens, harry and co go searching when told not to, get into trouble, solve the mystery, save the day) but they do seems to have brought in characters that you would think would be back but havent been seen since, mainly dobby and centaur in the first film in the forest.

the beginning of the film with the quidich cup seemed very out of place. it just seemed to be a filler piece to introuduce characters and give further detail into others. other than that i couldnt fault it.

the only thing that puzzelled me was why would harry need his glasses when he went underwater as surely they wouldnt work.

I thought the film was awesome. Sure, it missed out some of the stuff with Crouch, SPEW (good thing too, nobody liked that), Rita etc. but if you want it so much, go read the book! Although I really would have liked to see Rita punished at the end. They could have got Hermione to change her into a bug so they didn't have to tell the whole Animagus story.

Cedric Diggory was NOT hot. But I was almost crying too when Harry brought him back and his dad ran down to him and stuff. I thought Neville looked quite good in this one. Snape had a smaller role but when he was there he seemed a lot more lighthearted than before. And it was well funny when Harry dribbled pumpkin juice :D That was the best part.

And it was well funny when Harry dribbled pumpkin juice :D That was the best part.

hahaha - totally. Couldn't stop laughing at that bit.

i thought it was really good and on the whole didn't miss the bits they cut out.

But they should've mentioned why harry and voldemort's wands locked because of them sharing a core and they should've explained more about crouch junior - about how everyone thought he was dead and how he escaped from azkaban etc.

but apart from that it was good. It's my favourite book of them all.