aberdeen-music

Best Punk Act - Fma'06

The Ghost Of Fudge

jesus! shows again that fudge have thier finger rammed up thier ass' date=' far from the pulse.[/quote']

:D

i say it one more time, these are the FUDGE awards. go start your own awards if you don't like our nominations!

Broken Sunshine - are ace and have played lots of Fudge gigs!

Five FInger Discount - are ace and are playing Fudge this month!

King Liar & The Brutes - are ace, if not playing a huge amount of gigs, sadly

Onion Terror - are ace and play lots of Fudge gigs!

Stayover - are ace, and have also played fudge gigs!

so what's the problem?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

i say it one more time' date=' these are the FUDGE awards. go start your own awards if you don't like our nominations!

Broken Sunshine - are ace and have played lots of Fudge gigs!

Five FInger Discount - are ace and are playing Fudge this month!

King Liar & The Brutes - are ace, if not playing a huge amount of gigs, sadly

Onion Terror - are ace and play lots of Fudge gigs!

Stayover - are ace, and have also played fudge gigs!

so what's the problem?[/quote']

The problem is The Upstarts are the best punk act in Aberdeen and are not being acknowledged for this and other than Stayover, it is not a good representation of the current punk scene in Aberdeen.

Guest bluesxman
Isn't that the point of the FMAs though? Controversy?

:p

Tis what makes it fun... ;)

Else we'd never have had the "Jamesey Speech"

That speech made me chortle in the fanzine, wish I'd been there.....

I thought the Upstarts were from out of town? Up elgin way or something...

Don't nominees have to have played a fudge gig? Seeing as it's the fudge awards. Or has that criteria been dropped lately?

Peronsally if you don't like the nominees don't vote. No-ones forcing participation. At the end of the day the awards are just an excuse to get dressed up, drink lots and heckle people making silly speeches.

what relevance does this have to the thread?

I was going to say much the same about that post until I read through the thread again and saw:

The Planeteers

So having suggested your own band for the poll (futile anyway as the poll is already up and the voting has commenced) you've put yourselves up for scrutiny in this thread.

Guest bluesxman
What made you not like us.

Wouldn't mind hearing some negative feedback.

Our style is probably not your "thing" judging by the fact that the gig was quite diverse.

I saw you play at The Tunnels a while back as part of a Greenpeace benefit. In fact I had specifically hung around through several other bands to hear you after reading your list of influences on this forum and thinking you would be just my cup of tea.

Maybe the sound system on the night was unkind, but every song just sounded the same, an incoherent mush of guitars and a singer that could barely be heard. There were no hooks to be distinguished from the noise at all.

I remain open minded and would give you a second chance if you happened to be playing at something I was at anyway, don't know if that was at all helpful, maybe the sound is what you strive to achieve, in which case, go yersels, but not my cup of tea!

Toxic Ephex

[

The problem is The Upstarts are the best punk act in Aberdeen and are not being acknowledged for this and other than Stayover' date=' it is not a good representation of the current punk scene in Aberdeen.

Ahem, I think you will find Toxic Ephex are the best punk band in Aberdeen,listen to their songs Always skint,Poice Brutality,Nothing's Permissive Life's for living and you will hear why.

if you want to hear what punk bands sounded like in the 1970s/early 1980s go and see 16again,who play music by The Damned The Ruts 999 SLF Sham69 The Members Chelsea ATV The Heartbreakers Magazine The Rezillos The Sex Pistols The Ramones Saints Wire Buzzcocks The New York Dolls The Dead Kennedys The Jam ETC.

See 16again play a set of Clash songs + The Upstarts + Terminal X+ The Works

TUNNELS FRIDAY 16TH DEC Joe Strummer night 8pm-3am bands/DJs ONLY 4

Guest bluesxman
well i for one never claimed we were any good

:nono: I never said you weren't any good - just that the sound made it hard to pick out a melody or hook - usually a good starting point when trying to reign in some appreciation. I was just offering an opinion which may help the other guy in your band understand why peopel may slag you off - working on sound levels, etc???? Just trying to be helpful....