aberdeen-music

Best Punk Act - Fma'06

The Ghost Of Fudge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scott cs.
. Five Finger Discount havent played in ages.

eh...we haven't played Aberdeen in ages, but we've still been active. there are reasons for us not playing Aberdeen so much, mostly gigs being cancelled etc.

anyways, i'd have voted for The Upstarts had we not been nominated.

I agree with Kirk, this is not fair to the Puks.

King Liar & the Brutes do, however, deserve a nomination in the Best Music Video category for their harrowing 'Neon Lights' film. It's a shame that only 8 people have seen it, though there are another 8 out there who could see it today if they would only trust us.

eh...we haven't played Aberdeen in ages...

FIve Finger Discount: Fudgenight at the Tunnels, friday 25th november with the welles and eric euan. rock on!

if anyone has any complaints about the nominees, fudge would like to remind them of the rigourous and stringent selection procedure: we take a badger, get it drunk, give it a paint gun then let it fire at an alphabetical list of every band in aberdeen. the first five clean hits by the badger are selected and put on the voting slips.

I agree with Kirk' date=' this is not fair to the Puks.

King Liar & the Brutes do, however, deserve a nomination in the Best Music Video category for their harrowing 'Neon Lights' film. It's a shame that only 8 people have seen it, though there are another 8 out there who could see it today if they would only trust us.[/quote']

Agreed, tis a very good video. And Sultans of Cripple AND Billy Ely and the Catnips should be in the best punk act category too.

I think thats a stupid poll. King Liar & The Brutes have played 2 gigs this year. Five Finger Discount havent played in ages. Broken Sunshine have played maybe 2 gigs this year as well. Weres Filthpact? The Upstarts? Karloff? Quik? *cough*The Planeteers* cough

it's the fudge awrds, not the kirk awards. there's your answer :D

That's not really the case in this thread... it's more the fact that bands that aren't really playing many gigs at all are getting nominated rather than bands that are actually playing with some form of regularity (i.e more than twice in the last 12 months). i.e: Sultans of Cripple' date=' Billy Ely and the Catnips, The Planateers etc.

In regards to my band... I can't say I'm shocked. Fudge have told me before that they don't hold my band in any sort of high-regard so it's perfectly understandable why we're not up for anything. In their position I wouldn't nominate bands I thought were shite.[/quote']

i can remember seeing each of those bands except KLB more than twice this year............go figure.

ITS THE FUDGE AWARDS PEOPLE not something that is really that important its a bit of FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wasnt actually having a go at you or anything lester i think we both know how each other feels about the others bands...... :kiss:

haha i love how upset people get by these things every year.

No one is getting upset...more voicing their opinion that they think it's a silly vote-well that's fudge for you.

I am sure no one(apart from Kirk) is crying in their bed because of it.

I hope that's not the actual vote because I dinnae like this "none of the above" shite...which i voted for :D .