aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
rowan

No Rakes with Franz?

UK and Ireland Tour - Begins Today14 | 11 | 05Franz Ferdinand's home soil headline tour kicks off today in Cardiff, and calls at another ten cities on both sides of the Irish Sea before a record-breaking four-night stint at Alexandra Palace in London.

Support on the tour comes from EDITORS and THE RAKES except:

Aberdeen Nov 21 EDITORS and The 1990s

Glasgow Nov 22 EDITORS and The 1990s

London Dec 02 ROOTS MANUVA and THE LONG BLONDES

London Dec 03 THE CRIBS and UNPOC

i know it's the main reason im going to the gig..

The Rakes cancelled a date in Aberdeen because they announced they'd be here with Franz, now that there playing on the own they'v cancelled with Franz.. what next..

Im mighy pissed off

The advert in the Sunday Mail said it's the 1990s for Aberdeen & the first Glasgow date, but The Rakes on the second Glasgow night (23rd).

Personally, I'd have only bothered going if it was Roots Manuva supporting in Aberdeen.

no fucking way thats shite, that was the only reason i bought my tickets aswell, fucking shite, wheres the sources for this?

typical. its always aberdeen who gets the cancellations. we're obviously not good enough eh?

problem is were too far away from most bands, its sometimes not worth it to go the extra 2050 miles or so from glasgow, band managers probs look at it as a waste of time even tho most bands love to play here

Guest bluesxman

I was going for the supports more than Franz. At least Editors are still playing....

From the rakes website (i'm not happy)

The Rakes are sorry to annouce that they are having to canceled their support slots with Franz Ferdinand at Aberdeen on the 21st and Glasgow on the 22nd of Nov.

This is due to the band having to travel back to London to record their performance on Later with Jools Holland.

We are sorry to any of the fans that were hoping to catch us on both these nights

The Rakes

Fucking Jools Holland..

Feeder and now The Rakes...

Feeder were suppose to support The Stereophonics when they played the A.E.C.C a few years back and pulled out because of Jools, and now The Rakes are doing the same..

I understand that its a big deal for a band to to play on a program such as Jools Holland but this tour was advertised WITH the support acts, thats the fucking anoying thing..

What next Westlife playing the A.E.C.C