aberdeen-music

Secret Gig: The Jo McAfferty Band @ The Moorings Bar Wed 16th Nov 2005 9pm FREE ENTRY

Flash@TMB

I'd say all the bands sounded pretty good, first time hearing Stanley or Tears of Grace both of which I thought were very good.

Got some good feedback from folk on our performance so that can only be a good thing. Come along tonight I say.

Maxi did you enjoy watching the rest of that film in Drummonds? :p

Aside from the poor turnout any feedback on last night?

All the bands gave a good showing of themselves, really enjoyed ToG, probably more acoustic than when I heard them electrically. Stroszek were really good, a dark 80's sound and pretty tight, Stanley were something else, never seen an Aberdeen band with wuite that kind of sound and really enjoyed them, shame curfews etc meant they had to cut their set. The Jo Band, well I'm going to be bias, but I thought they gave a really good showing, at times the sound didnt seem quite right but the crowd certainly seemed to enjoy it, and that was reflected in decent CD sales and very strong feedback, all in all a good gig, and tongiht will be a little less stressed and will hopefully be an incredible performance.

Hope to see everyone there tonight, I hope people will enjoy it, and if not, at least it wont cost them anything to see ;)

Cheers

Stuart

PS Good guess btw, we just had to keep it quiet until after the Moshulu gig for obvious reasons.

aye

but when the band came on all i got was earache' date=' the sound mix was pretty bad, so had to leave

woudl have liked to have seen the whole film in a diff environment, seemed quite cool[/quote']

We had a film on last night too. It was very good. Unfortunately I'm not permitted to tell you it's name under the terms of our license :(

Re: Cello Pickup, the guys at moshulu last night miked it up as well as using the pickup so that I had basically pickup through the monitors so I could hear what I was playing but mostly the feed from the mic through the PA... I think... basically so it didn't sound like shit - which it does if it's the pickup alone :(

Well that was rather good. A fair few people braved the weather, and we got a good cheer going. The band were excellent. The stand out thing for me was the cello, it has such incredible range and Rachel is an excellent musician. I would like to see more cellos in rock. My ideal band now consists:

dual lead vocals

electric guitar

alto sax

cello

piano

french horn*

trumpet*

bass

drums

*optional

FUCK that won't fit on the stage. DOH!

Brian if you are reading this then Rachel has to play on the 10th of December with Deadloss or I'm sulking and will never ply you with drink again. And if you've never seen a sulky pirate before then believe me it'snot a pretty site.

Anyhow the rest of the evening went like this...

Frank fell off his barstool 3 times. Dave got his cock out. I got my nuts out. Maxi took pictures. Dave made everyone gob in his hat. We set fire to Dave's hair. Maxi took pictures. Dave got his cock out again. We set fire to it. Maxi took pictures. His burning pubic hair stunk so much that everyone had to evacuate the bar.

Oh dear...

But at least we have to photos to look back on in our old age.