aberdeen-music

If you like Zappa/Mothers...

Guest MKII

Ruth Underwood was unbelievably good. One of the original Mothers groupies she was.

The quote from Uncle Meat reminded me of travelling up to uni and playing that album a lot. I don't know many people that like it, even less at half seven in the morning in a traffic jam on the way to Glasgow.

What's everyone's opinion on 200 Motels (film rather than album)?

What's everyone's opinion on 200 Motels (film rather than album)?

I watched it last night, I love the visual effects, the jokes and some of the music is shit hot, but it does seem to be rather thrown together.

It's nice as an artifact of the time I guess.

Anyone have the film Uncle Meat, I have the double CD?

I've got it on video. It's not the easiest film in the world to watch. In fact it makes 200 Motels look like Citizen Kane. The album is a masterpiece though' date=' the original Mothers at their absolute peak.[/quote']

Could I borrow it, or could you copy it for me?

You woudn't want to deny a man some Zappa now would you?

:D

I've never seen the Uncle Meat film. I'd agree it was the best of the old Mothers stuff, although I don't think it's nearly as good as what Zappa went on to do. My opinion of 200 Motels is that you'd hate it unless you were a Zappa fan. I don't think the film's brilliant, but I really enjoy it, especially "Centersville" and the "I'm smoking the towels" bit.