aberdeen-music

Eddie Guerrero found dead in his hotel room in Minneapolis

Cloud

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so whats everyones favourite Eddie matches?

Mine would be his match against Perry Saturn on Monday Nitro back in '99. His match against Esse Rios at Backlash 2000 was awesome and so was all the tag team matches in 2002 when the Guerreros took on Benoit and Angle + Rey Mysterio and Edge.

so was all the tag team matches in 2002 when the Guerreros took on Benoit and Angle + Rey Mysterio and Edge.

I watched that one at Survivor Series.

Was so amazing.

Guererro's match with Brock Lesnar at No Way Out 04 when he won the title was really good.

His European title match against Test at Wrestlemania 17 was also very good.

I can't remember a lot of the WCW matches as I never watched it.

Favourite match would be Eddie v Dean Malenko in ECW,their last night before leaving for WCW.

At tna's ppv last night,Rhino and the Dudleys paid tribute to Eddie before their match,saying 'vaya con dios mi amigo' and having his name on their wrist taping. From what I've heard about the wwe's taping,most of his friends worked matches in his honour,including Chavo wrestling under his own name again

Favourite match would be Eddie v Dean Malenko in ECW' date='their last night before leaving for WCW.

At tna's ppv last night,Rhino and the Dudleys paid tribute to Eddie before their match,saying 'vaya con dios mi amigo' and having his name on their wrist taping. From what I've heard about the wwe's taping,most of his friends worked matches in his honour,including Chavo wrestling under his own name again[/quote']

Yeh HBK against Rey and HHH vs Benoit seem to be highlights plus Chavo doing the 3 amigo's seem to be the highlights of both shows but these weren't really the main focus.

I am really interested in seeing his match with Malenko.

Im gutted.I loved eddie guerrero.So full of charisma and raw talent.The likes of Batista,Randy Orton and Cena had diddly squat on the greatness in all aspects of wrestling as Eddie Guerrero had.Been really Setting the standard for all the companys he worked for and his talent will be greatly missed.

R.I.P

:(

I am totally and utterly shocked and saddened by this news! Eddie Guerrero will be sorely missed. He was one of the best in the business and it's sad that he only started to get recognised as a main player these past 2 years!

I'm so glad I had the chance to see him perform in person.

RIP Eddie Guerrero....May your Legend live on.

From chrisjericho.com

I am devastated by the news of Eddy's passing and I am so sad...

I've lost alot of friends over the years but this one hurts the most by far.

I had the pleasure of meeting Eddy in Mexico City almost 14 years ago and we've been close ever since (although it didn't start that way!) He is one of my favorite people that I've ever met in the wrestling business, as well one of the greatest performers I've ever seen and had the pleasure to work with. One of my favorite times in my career was when Eddy and I were an underutilized, underpushed, hell, almost non-exisitant tagteam, that were thrown together randomly in WCW. But there was a chemistry there that existed becuase we had mutual respect for each other and we both loved what we were doing. One of my most cherished matches was myself and Eddy vs Chris and Dean in Knoxville, on a benefit show for our dear friend Brian Hildebrand. All four of us started the same way and had the same love and respect for the business, for Brian and for each other...it was a magical night. My best match of 1997 was against Ed at Fall Brawl that year. He was as talented as they come and a true class act.

He was also so humble and a true family man and most importantly a warrior for God. He taught me so much about wrestling and about being a man and it is an honor to call him a true brother and friend.

I have so many classic Eddy stories that I would love to share, but instead I'm just going to go and cry myself to sleep remembering what an awesome human being Eddy was and will always be...

May God bless your family and your soul and may he keep you safe forever putillo falso....I love you my brother...

Love your chapete

i had the pleasure of seeing eddie perform live a few times...

i'm a huge wrestling fan and was truely gutted when i heard the news yesterday...

something needs to be done about the amount of wrestlers that die young...

apparantly when scott steiner was asked by wwe to go for a drugs test he replied "ok sure. let me take hunter and we can both go together"... and that was the end of that...

rip eddie

That is actually a really good piece' date=' I never would have thought Test would have it in him. Didn't WWE also fire Jeff Hardy for being addicted to painkillers?[/quote']

It is a good piece, i'm rather shocked he wrote it and i bet its all true.

As for Jeff, yeah they fired him for being addicted to painkillers, but they paid for Eddie's rehab, kinda unfair don't you think.

i had the pleasure of seeing eddie perform live a few times...

i'm a huge wrestling fan and was truely gutted when i heard the news yesterday...

something needs to be done about the amount of wrestlers that die young...

apparantly when scott steiner was asked by wwe to go for a drugs test he replied "ok sure. let me take hunter and we can both go together"... and that was the end of that...

rip eddie

Problem is that the wrestlers do a lot of serious weight lifting which puts a lot of strain on the heart. Same with the guys who do the Strongest Man competitions, they have a tendency to have a high rate of heart attacks amongst the competitors.

That is actually a really good piece' date=' I never would have thought Test would have it in him. Didn't WWE also fire Jeff Hardy for being addicted to painkillers?[/quote']

No it was because he did several no shows and was always late.

Lots of people always blame these deaths on Steroids but to be honest if steroids was the case then Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior would've both died.

Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report

Nov. 15, 2005

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddies widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

It was heart failure. It was from his past the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and thats what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadnt hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasnt feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasnt feeling good and we thought it was just road tired. So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didnt call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

Im just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. Its touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I dont know what to do now.