aberdeen-music

FUDGE FANZINE X - out now

The Ghost Of Fudge

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12. Black Atom - Broken Alive : Not much of a metal fan' date=' this is better than I expected after seeing all the Iron Maiden knock off comparisons. Must be said I'm not seeing it myself apart from a few guitar sections.

[/quote']

Wow, somebody see's past the tired old Iron Maiden comparison. Thanks very much dude! :D

Ash showed me this issue when I got back from the middle-east the other day...

Jonny Talentless is a very deluded individual.

If Karloff were anywhere close to being a Misfits tribute act, you can bet Jerry Only would not have had us play with the Misfits at all, let alone twice. I don't even have to think about the number of gigs Karloff have done since inception to know that a) They outnumber Radio Lucifer and PAGG gigs put together, and b) The number of them outwith Aberdeen also outnumbers that of those bands. I also don't recall either band playing Dingwalls in Camden or the Camden Underworld. Shock horror, we even went down well at those venues, not bad for a tribute act!! Funny that we also top the Fat Hippy Records sales charts consistently too... So to say his band are the only local act to have done anything is somewhat incorrect. I'd also be kinda annoyed if I was in any of Aberdeen's other hardworking acts that manage to play outwith the city. He really paints a good impression of your efforts, folks.

Finally, which band packed out the East Neuk and had its fans go crazy through their set, and which band am I told resorted to heckling it's audience in the same venue because they seemed dis-interested in their performance? Oh dear.

Karloff will keep on motoring along. We have a keen new drummer, the first full-length album from a Fat Hippy act to record and release, and a mega lauch party in the Lemon Tree on April 1st 2006 to think about. Do come along Jonny, your rock and roll prescence and fame is sure to improve the party.

If Karloff were anywhere close to being a Misfits tribute act' date=' you can bet Jerry Only would not have had us play with the Misfits at all, let alone twice. I don't even have to think about the number of gigs Karloff have done since inception to know that a) They outnumber Radio Lucifer and PAGG gigs put together, and b) The number of them outwith Aberdeen also outnumbers that of those bands. I also don't recall either band playing Dingwalls in Camden or the Camden Underworld. Shock horror, we even went down well at those venues, not bad for a tribute act!! Funny that we also top the Fat Hippy Records sales charts consistently too... So to say his band are the only local act to have done anything is somewhat incorrect. I'd also be kinda annoyed if I was in any of Aberdeen's other hardworking acts that manage to play outwith the city. He really paints a good impression of your efforts, folks.

Finally, which band packed out the East Neuk and had its fans go crazy through their set, and which band am I told resorted to heckling it's audience in the same venue because they seemed dis-interested in their performance? Oh dear.

Karloff will keep on motoring along. We have a keen new drummer, the first full-length album from a Fat Hippy act to record and release, and a mega lauch party in the Lemon Tree on April 1st 2006 to think about. Do come along Jonny, your rock and roll prescence and fame is sure to improve the party.[/quote']

That East Neuk gig we played was ace! I had a fantastic time. And we didn't heckle the entire audience. Just a small percentage of them. Mind you we were playing with three hardcore bands so getting out of there alive was a result for me.

Anyway does what Jonny said in the fanzine really matter in the grand scheme of things? I think not. Let's just get on with things shall we?

Wow, I must really get under your skin Rob, apparently you were getting all mardy about this in the Mooring t'other night too....

And Rob Karloff is a sanctimonious' date=' sad individual with a pathological inability to take a joke. If I'm so deluded why are you getting so pissed off about what I say, [i']especially what I say the friggin' Fudge Awards!? An event hardly known for it's seriousness and sobriety. Truth be told, I can't even remember saying that shit, given the herculean volumes of drugs and alcohol that passed through my body that night. It does sound like something I would say when pissed though! I was apocalyptically hung over the next day though, if that makes you feel any better.

If Karloff were anywhere close to being a Misfits tribute act, you can bet Jerry Only would not have had us play with the Misfits at all, let alone twice. I don't even have to think about the number of gigs Karloff have done since inception to know that a) They outnumber Radio Lucifer and PAGG gigs put together, and b) The number of them outwith Aberdeen also outnumbers that of those bands.

Jesus Christ. I have no problem with Karloff as a band at all, I OWN two of your records for fucks sake! I've commented openly on this site about how much I liked your new stuff compared to the older stuff, and I've played it when DJing. I'm also sitting here wearing a Misfits bandana incidentally. But the Misfits influence, especially in your older stuff, is undeniable. The Wildhearts influence over Radio Lucifer is undeniable. Big whoop wanna fight about it?

The only problem I've ever had is with your high and mighty, holier-than-thou attitude that you cop on here (having never spoken to you in reality, I don't know what you're really like, monosybalic, I assume). As a moderator you used to come off as an enormous know-it-all prick.

And you're still holding a grudge over what? I photoshoped your head onto Yoda's body. Pathetic. Even more pathetic is that your abject refusal to apologise over the incident led you to loosing your moderator status on these message boards, AND I still haven't recieved the kicking I was promised around that time, infact, the last time I saw you studiously avoided eye-contact, even when I stuck my tongue out at you.

I also don't recall either band playing Dingwalls in Camden or the Camden Underworld. Shock horror, we even went down well at those venues, not bad for a tribute act!! Funny that we also top the Fat Hippy Records sales charts consistently too...

How can I be sure any of that is even true, given that you've lied and exaggerated your record sales on a previous incarnation of these boards? I can't remember the figure you quoted, but when I congratulated Tom on a successful release a few days after reading, he told me those sales weren't even half the figure you stated. Again, pathetic.

So to say his band are the only local act to have done anything is somewhat incorrect. I'd also be kinda annoyed if I was in any of Aberdeen's other hardworking acts that manage to play outwith the city. He really paints a good impression of your efforts, folks.

Deadloss claim to be "the only real rock band" in Aberdeen. I (or others) don't spit the dummy over that, it's self-promotional hyperbole. And look, I was mindlessly hammered when I gave that interview, I say all sorts of crazy shit when I'm drunk. Ask anyone.

What's your argument here? Karloff are more accesible than Radio Lucifer? Whatever. We tried playing to a partisan, hostile audience; we had a good time, so did some of the people that saw us, and the puritan hardcore fans? Well, they're puritan hardcore fans! They were never gonna like us - the gig, for us, was an exercise in finding a new audience, given that our principal songwriter cut his musical teeth in hardcore bands, it wasn't a crazy gamble to take. Check the thread about the gig on the Arkade forums, most of the feedback is positive. Am I to understand in all the gazillion gigs you say you've played, you went down well at ALL of them? How would Karloff fair playing infront of say, Stayover's audience, or MMW's audience? Probably about as well as we faired at that show.

Karloff will keep on motoring along. We have a keen new drummer, the first full-length album from a Fat Hippy act to record and release, and a mega lauch party in the Lemon Tree on April 1st 2006 to think about. Do come along Jonny, your rock and roll prescence and fame is sure to improve the party.

Only if I'm on the guestlist.

Deary me Rob, for a man that spends so much time covered in make-up and fake blood, you take yourself awfully seriously....all the best with the band though. :D

I think we are experiencing a serious case of dejavu here LMAO...

Rob / Chris,

I have met and spoken with you both in real life. You are both exceptionally nice people (in real life), and I REALLY mean that. What you are experiencing on here appears to be a 'communication synchronisation' problem. If you met each other in real life over a beer... trust me you'd both be pleasantly surprised.

Everyone that has met both of you is laughing at how unnecessary this 'feud' is. And as much as we are enjoying the entertainment it is only fair to point out that the situation is ludicrous.

So please do yourselves a favour and try talking to each other IN PERSON.

LMAO

Seriously this needs to be resolved

I would like to referee the handbag thrusting,The Moorings could hold a special fight night,a bit like those guys do in the cages in America,where they can use any style of freestyle fighting,even kneeing the knackers is allowed.

In armed combat, I think eye liner spattering from a distance of 3 feet might prove interesting, although comedy facial hair growing may prove who is the most macho.

If handbags are the weapon of choice my money is on Rob as he has plenty access to heavy tools to line it with,and unless Jonnys contains more than 50 CDs in jewel cases I fear he might be beaten on the night .

Since you are both acting like girly poofs perhaps you could just suck each other off and the one who comes first will be declared the poofiest and we will say no more about it.

a new feature for the fanzine! it could replace rock tests... cock tests!

Haha! No cumbacks allowed?!?! That would be an unfair contest though Biz' date=' he's obviously got all the experience and practise. :p

Seriously though, a "Local Z-List Celebrity Grudge Match" could be a good money-spinner/attraction/laugh for the Fudge Awards. Kinda like your bucking bronco attraction, but better. I'm game if the queen of rock and roll is!

I started typing a reply to the above, but I got part way through and couldn't be arsed. I mean, seriously, who sticks their tongue out at someone while hurrying past at 3am in a nightclub?! I was so inebriated at the time it took my brain about 5 seconds to decide that yes, that did just happen. One of the most surreal things I've ever witnessed! Plus, I wonder about a guy who worked in the RGU Press Office and can't correctly write the word [i']monosyllabic, especially when he's attempting to belittle me by suggesting I'm somehow likely to lack communication skills. But, there are more than a few erroneous statements in his post anyway. More than I can be bothered correcting.

But hey, its all good for a laugh! His reply made me chortle anyway. And he tries to say I take myself too seriously... Far from it.

I think we are experiencing a serious case of dejavu here LMAO...

Everyone that has met both of you is laughing at how unnecessary this 'feud' is. And as much as we are enjoying the entertainment it is only fair to point out that the situation is ludicrous.

But I'm enjoying the entertainment too!

PS : I think you may have a ghost who resembles me haunting the Moorings, as Jonny reckons I was whinging to someone about his Fudge interview in the Moorings the other night. Unless I was sleepwalking, I haven't been in the bad in over a month! Or are you putting something in the beers down there these days? :p

Haha! No cumbacks allowed?!?! That would be an unfair contest though Biz' date=' he's obviously got all the experience and practise. :p

Seriously though, a "Local Z-List Celebrity Grudge Match" could be a good money-spinner/attraction/laugh for the Fudge Awards. Kinda like your bucking bronco attraction, but better. I'm game if the queen of rock and roll is![/quote']

Really? You don't seem like the kinda guy who's game for a laugh....

I started typing a reply to the above, but I got part way through and couldn't be arsed. I mean, seriously, who sticks their tongue out at someone while hurrying past at 3am in a nightclub?

Who spits the dummy and threatens to kick the shit out of someone for photoshoping their head onto Yoda's body?! And lets not forget the 500 word character assasination detailing how I once unsuccessfully chatted a girl up in the Palace. Believe me, there are loads of stories about me unsuccessfully chatting girls up.

I was so inebriated at the time it took my brain about 5 seconds to decide that yes, that did just happen. One of the most surreal things I've ever witnessed!

As I was at the Fudge Awards. Swings and roundabouts y'see....

Plus, I wonder about a guy who worked in the RGU Press Office and can't correctly write the word monosyllabic, especially when he's attempting to belittle me by suggesting I'm somehow likely to lack communication skills. But, there are more than a few erroneous statements in his post anyway.

Jeez, correcting my spelling, is that the best you've got?

More than I can be bothered correcting. But hey, its all good for a laugh! His reply made me chortle anyway. And he tries to say I take myself too seriously... Far from it.

Fair play, let sleeping gouls lie....

Hell YEAH cock fighting

a new feature for the fanzine! it could replace rock tests... cock tests!

They could take turns to whap each other around the head with their wallopers,I would pay 2 to see this at a Fudge night.

Whilst we are being childish, we could hae a see who can pee furthest up the wall,or even a game of knuckley,using cocks instead of knuckles,first to get a stiffy is loser and gets a Chinese burn...on their cock.

Seriously... I think we should have them get their cocks out, and the one with the biggest gets some sort of prize,like a big fat wet kiss, right on the end of the helmet, by the loser,that way they both get some sort of a prize,and neither is really a loser ,unless of course the WINNER doesn't have a good wash,mind you, with a Jacobs cream cracker it might taste ok. Yeah, I might even stretch as far as 2.50 to see this,and if you can get girl band members to do a Janet test I might go as far as 3.00,but only if they fire ping pong balls and either smoke a tab or play a flute.

Brian... I can see a great wee earner here,let's go to Bangkok and get some recruits,a few months training them on guitars and drums may be needed, but I'm sure they will put on a great International It's a Cockout event for our delectation.

How about Celebrity Cockout...where they manipulate their genitals to look like celebrities,a bit like Puppetry of the penis,just more imaginative,they could even make little specs or shades and grow their pubes to look like say... Robs beard or Johnnys sideburns,the winner gets their 15 foot high knobend picture on local billboards and an interview on Grampian TV by some bint who looks less tasty in real life.

Guest Mr Blastcap

what are the chances of two Kerrang fans getting a yeast infection at the same time? i mean really, this is great! best thread of the year. either that or a fat hippy/fudge ploy to rival the mmw/spike grudge match !

i'm with the captain of the good ship moorings here ( roll off the treble on th' mainsail matey, bit more through the front wedge on the poopdeck, etc) you two should meet up have a quiet pint and chat, drink more, get a bit arsey, order whysky and start kicking fuck out of each other in the middle of the pub! my moneys on Rob, just cause he's a big bastard.

1. Biz - Fast We Are Approaching... : ??

2. Goldblade - Psycho : Pretty fucking good for a live recording! Not relaly my thing but certainly listenable

3. Radio Lucifer - Dance Of The Doomed : Great tune. Sounds a bit thin comnig through my shitty Dell speakers, but I can't wait to catch these guys live.

4. Five Finger Discount - Skipping Tracks : Almost a Blair Quik (circa 100% punktuality) twang on the vocals. Not really my kinda thing but pretty solid. Total Green Day, Longview feel on the bass fills. All in all, nice!

5. Babar Luck - War Fever : I really like this track! The vocals have a quality of desparation about them which reminds me of some Bob Marley stuff. And there's a shout out to Public Enemy :D

6. Albert Kuvezin & yat-Kha - Solun Chagaai Sovet Churtum : A little bit strange for me, not really my thing. I'd agree about the groove tho. inda locks you in like George Clinton stuff does. And to be honest, it is growing on me after 4or5 listens

7. Macrocosmica - Live Death : A little bit repetitive for me. Doesn't really grab me as anything special. Sounds nice and the vocal harmony bits are quite tasty, but not my cup of tea really.

8. Deadenstereo - Trust The Tale (Not The Teller) : This is a piece of class. Sounds great, moves a well and makes me want to hear more. Captures the feel and energy more than most recordings at this level do.

9. Stroszek - Remains : There's an airy, brooding quality about this that is really addictive. The vocals are really nice too.

10. Alt.Rock TM - Bayou St.John : start reminds me of mid-career-REM. It never really goes anywhere, and usually that bothers me, but this is pretty good!

11. FeSTR - Call Waiting : Easily the best song written since the dawn of man. Well maybe not, but listening to your own recordings after a while away does remind you of being in the studio and makes you all warm and fuzzy inside!

12. Black Atom - Broken Alive : What can I say about that Atom that's not already been said? No fucking about, this is a masterpiece. All the power and punch of the live show and showcasing just how good each of them are as musicians. Awesome!

13. Within These Walls - One More Time For The Money : Nice opening riff and I quite like this in general. Don't think the recording does the song justice but it'd be a beast live.

14. Obsessive Compulsive - Eliminate Personal Comments : Nice singing and opening with the bass and vox is pretty nice. Remind me of american angsty female vox stuff, kinda like Anouk.

15. Sidca - Wounded Ox : Not digging this one to be honest.

16. Genevieve - Call : Not digging this one either. Can't get the idea of coldplay out of my head with the droning vox and the song that never goes anywhere

17. Deadloss Superstar - D.N.R. (acoustic) : With all the drunkenness and stupidity, it's very easy to forget that there are a really talented band hiding beneath! Not their strongest piece, but solid nonetheless.

18. Samurai Fury - One Man : Fucking schweet! Wacky country style vox and a great tune to boot!

19. Onion Terror - Knows The Truth : Not too bad. Quite like the wacky solo and the bassline is solid too. Not amazing, but good nonetheless!

20. The Kitchen Cynics - The Ghost Of Fudge : the double tracked vocals are sweet and in all, this is a class track. there's a kind of envelope filter on what sounds like an bass and then the 'moving' solo panned across the speakers. the simple things make me smile!

21. Eric Euan - NYC Taxi Jiver : Another nice track. Familiar with the bands existance but never heard much of their stuff. Pleasantly surprised with this bad boy.

22. Alamos - Kill Baby Kill : Nice riff and nice effect on the vox. good all round track again!

Not the best CD review ever but considering it's taken me all day, not too bad!!

/x