aberdeen-music

Problem with Roland G-33 - any ideas?

marsh_mallowpies

Hi,

Desparate for some help.

I have bought a GR-33 synth with a GK-2A pickup, plugged it all in, followed the instructions and now having a major problem in that, well its not doing much.

I can tune my guitar perfectly and I can adjust the sensitivity, but I can't use any effects.

When the GK 2A is switched to guitar or mix I can play the guitar as normal through the amp. but have no effects coming through, when I switch the GK 2A to 'synth' I get nothing, not a sound out of my amp, just seems to cut off. Any ideas? have I got a dodgy one?

I am using an Ibanez semi acoustic Artcore series.

I am really frustrated, I have tried all the connections, restored factory setting, the lot. I have read the manual over and over but nothing has worked.

HELP!!

Thanks very much

Take your guitar or synth unit to a music store and try each item individually. If the pickup works with the stores synth unit, replace the unit. If the pickup doesn't work with the synth, time to recheck your wiring. Try just plugging in the synth part without the guitar pickups, see if you can do anything with that. Could be any number of things, back pickup, bad wires, loose connection, etc.