aberdeen-music

Louis Walsh is a fucking sham

Chris

Who went?

Maria. I was hoping that Simon would just be honest and ditch the Conways, as he obviously can't stand them and he knows they're appallingly bad, but he evidently couldn't bring himself to reduce his own chances of winning. Then Louis for God knows what reason decided to keep the Corrs-lite. Either because they're Irish, or just because he took the opportunity to boot out his biggest threat. I bet he couldn't believe his luck that he was given that chance. I can't believe the stupidity of the voting public that put her in the bottom two. Actually yes I can.

Apparently the Conways are a total pain in the arse, complete divas blaming everyone else but themselves for being shite.

The show was never going to be a paragon of tv broadcasting, but it really is just a meaningless farce now. The competition is now just between the judges and sod all to do with talent.

I haven't been watching the show much since the auditions, but the Corr-way sisters were out of tune on both their attempts, and it was a crime against hearing to listen to it.

I wish Sharon had smacked him.

As for Maria I actually thought that while the first time round she wisnae great, that on her second attempt she actually began to really get in to the grittyness of the song. I thought she was great, real shame to see her go.

The Conways are absolutely nothing like the Corrs. Such an obvious comparison because they are Irish girls in a band but musically they sound nothing like them anymore than as Irish males in a band go U2 and The Boomtown Rats are comparable.

They ain't very goods but their looks are clearly keeping them in. They look terribly wholesome though, like a modern day Nolans, pretty but not sexual.

Walsh is just like Waterman to me, he's a buffoon. He's rubbish at tv, like Waterman he can't deliver a punchline to save his life and totally lacks charisma. His trying to be nasty this seris is clearly at the suggestion of the producers to give him some identity.

I think Journey South are coming across well but it cionstantly exasperates me that you have to go through such a lot to get to this stage of the competition and yet you end up singing such bland music.

i was absolutely disgusted when i heard the result. the conways are the least talented contestants in there by a fucking mile. even chico can sing better than them. maria is a goddess and should never have even been close to getting out. it would be interesting to see the actual percentages of the vote for that one. bet the conways were last by a mile.

louis is rubbish, he can't pick songs to save his life. both nicholas and shayne should be doing stuff like justin timberlake songs every week but still he picks obvious shite like i believe i can fly. and he's so annoying, constantly interrupting and badgering the other judges during their speeches. simon might be rude but 90% of the time he's right, louis just fucking annoying.

I don't even watch the show once it goes past the 'do something stupid to be on telly' bit, but i did catch the guy sing R.Kelly and i can't believe that's the pedigree of the people who made it this far. You could get a better singiner in most kareoke bars. It was terrible; why do they make them take on such powerful songs?

Guest bluesxman

I sometimes have to endure this because the girlfriend wants to watch it. I am gobsmacked Chico is still in it. The fact it's all rigged and a total farce became apparent the other week when Cowell voted to keep Chico in when he had detested him up till then. I think he was obviously told to do it.

louis is rubbish' date=' he can't pick songs to save his life. both nicholas and shayne should be doing stuff like justin timberlake songs every week but still he picks obvious shite like i believe i can fly. and he's so annoying, constantly interrupting and badgering the other judges during their speeches. simon might be rude but 90% of the time he's right, louis just fucking annoying.[/quote']

I think that's been the case for a while now, Simon Cowell gives an honest opinion, and is a lot more constructive than he used to be, whereas Louis Walsh is like some sort of horrible, overgrown toddler.

I sometimes have to endure this because the girlfriend wants to watch it. I am gobsmacked Chico is still in it. The fact it's all rigged and a total farce became apparent the other week when Cowell voted to keep Chico in when he had detested him up till then. I think he was obviously told to do it.

I didn't see that show apart from the results part, and that Irish guy doing Johnny B Goode was one of the most bizarre sights I've seen in a long time, an absolutely appalling choice for a song. I think Cowell would love to have voted Chico out, if Walsh hadn't sabotaged his own act so successfully by trying to create a freakish Fly-like fusion of Connor from Neighbours and Daniel O'Donnell...

Guest bluesxman
I didn't see that show apart from the results part' date=' and that Irish guy doing Johnny B Goode was one of the most bizarre sights I've seen in a long time, an absolutely appalling choice for a song. I think Cowell would love to have voted Chico out, if Walsh hadn't sabotaged his own act so successfully by trying to create a freakish Fly-like fusion of Connor from Neighbours and Daniel O'Donnell...[/quote']

Yup, he was pretty dreadful too with a lot of truly horrible Shaky type moves. But Cowell actually stated 'I'm going to vote for what I think the public will want' ....

maybe he thought philip was a bigger threat.

they were both utter shite tho.

i love chico! he's an entertainer and i think he's the only one out there who doesnt take it too seriously. and who cares if h can't sing for shit. there are some ok vocalists on there but i'm sure if we put our minds to it we can all think of better singers we know. potentially even ones who write their own stuff, which puts them ahead in the talent stakes. anyway, it is only a show! entertainment value from the way the judges behave nothing else!

spoons

/x