aberdeen-music

We can't even beat fucking America...

Afro Droid

Personally I feel' date=' if Scotland were as good as England - their fans would be exactly as rubbish as the English ones.[/quote']

We learned in 78 not to go too over the top about winning pre-tournament games. However, I do remember a time not long after Vogts got the Scotland job, Chick Young said on the radio "The good times are here again" after Scotland beat the Hong Kong XI 4-1.

Apart from that, a lot of the reason the Tartan Army are different I think is because we don't want to gain the same reputation as the English fans.

Generally, I pin most of the blame for us being shite on the Old Firm. The amount of decent young players that go to Glasgow and never get a game is shocking. They're talking about Kris Boyd going to Rangers at the moment. My opinion on Boyd is that anyone who can score regularly for Killie HAS to be a good player. He'll go to Rangers and be stuck on the bench and probably end up drifting into obscurity in the English first division.

A lot of the time, I reckon the Old Firm buy good SPL players simply so the other teams don't have them.

so disappointed aberdeen didn't get boyd. it'll be a disaster if he goes to rangers, he might do okay there but it probably won't do him favours in the long run. whoever takes over from alex mcleish will bring in some expensive foreign striker who'll be duff as hell and boyd will end up on the bench forever.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
A lot of the time' date=' I reckon the Old Firm buy good SPL players simply so the other teams don't have them.[/quote']

Exactly. They then have the cheek to blame European failure on weak domestic competition. Of course there's not enough domestic competition, you bloody bought it all.