aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Brianm

Behringer or Class D mixers

im looking for a mixer, at least 8 channels with reverb, and on a tight budget. came upon these 2 as the cheapest, with my needs, but was wondering what kind of mixers are they? are there any problems that i should know about, and whats the quality etc. Any info is appreciated!

Which models? Behringer produce everything from a folio notepad rip off to a mackie 8 bus rip off :) I have the eurorack UB2442FX pro....its good enough for what I need it for....a lot of the smaller ones they make are really hissy, the EQ is just a noise and the inbuilt FX are very noisy!!!! I wouldn't recommend internal FX!!!

i was looking at a UB1222FX-PRO. how bad are the effects? whats the reverb like. our vocals are quite :swearing: , so anything to improve them is needed! how hissy are the smaller ones? tbh the rest of our equipment isnt up to a whole lot, and generates quite a bit of noise.

so will the effects noise be neglible?

we'd be looking to playing in noisy pubs - with quite a bit of background noise. it is important not to be noisy, but it certainly isnt the same as studio quietness. we have a small 6 behringer channel mixer, and havent found it produces a lot of noise, though it contains no on-board effects or reverb.

does anyone know anything about class d mixers?

That behringer desk only has 6 mic inputs. But if thats all you need, then i heartily advise you to avoid Behringer or that other unknown company you mention.

Instead, buy a reliable product from a company thats got a solid rep.

http://www.bandland.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1594

Its not much more, and at least you've got the reassurance its not going to generate terrible hiss and half the channels are going to stop working in 2 months!