aberdeen-music

Cyberman design revealed

jester1470

There is an explanation of the differences in appearance describing a number of different factions or species of Cybermen which evolve or change over time - I read about it in the official magazine many moons past. This kind of stuff is always just expanded universe trying to explain discontinuity though - the physical differences are mainly just the results of conflicting design tastes over time on the part of the writers/designers.

I think the new Cyberman design looks fantastic, especially the face/head. I do think the hands are too weedy though. They should have kept the big David Banks style gauntlets. 17 years since Silver Nemesis...Christ... I can't believe how old that makes me feel.

Jester don't borrow it it's utter shit. Dr Who in the 90s was so bad it defied belief. McCoy had absolutely no acting talent or authority: Tom Baker he wasn't. He wasn't alien he was just a prat.

The early Tom Baker years still stand up, because they were so bloody violent and Gothic and Tom was putting some effort in then. Watching The Deadly Assassin on dark November nights in 1976 with that cadaverous and incredibly frightening Master takes some beating!