aberdeen-music

Which are the best Aberdeen Bands (in your opinion)

CAC

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

always find it funny in these threads when people reccomend their own band...read the original post and THINK about it. Except Keilan because he is cool and makes good music always.

Ah butwhat if you think about it and the bands your involved with still fit the bill ?

Notall of these are kneejerk reactions,t here are people who genuinellybelieve their bands fit the bill and fgair play to them.

Cheers

Stuart

Guest bluesxman

I saw Hookers Green No.1 a few weeks back, thought they were very good.

Project: Ven-Hell are fun. But that damn singer needs to turn his mic up. And put his beer down now and then. :D

I like the songs The Videos have on their web page but haven't seen them live yet. And won't for a while because I can't make the December gig.

Guest pop-notmyface
Totally agree with you on Reasons are Red. They just get better and better everytime

mmh, i'll give them another listen now, because they really didn't make a great impression on me at the last tunnels gig...

"not very good"?

How?

Because it's not wank metal and doesn't sound like the rest of the piss that's been sitting around aberdeen and getting more stale by the day?

I'm not saying that all bands haven't mentioned are piss (I like a lor more bands than the ones I mentioned there) I just feel that these acts are slightly easier to get into. I'll give you that HG#1 are perhaps not a band a typical Joe and the street would enjoy or understand.

AKA the fox are very easy to enjoy' date=' nothing too bizarre or wanky... so you've lost me there.

Copy Haho are another band that I find a lot of people enjoy... so again... you lose me.

As for Les Yeux... it's synthy... it's poppy... again... I'm confused.

As for colonopenbracket... they are sitting with a tally over several thousand downloads and a fast growing following of people who are waiting for the live experience to unfold.

I'm not sure why you are against my choices. I thought I steered fairly well from bands who are very much an aquired taste. :)[/quote']

Easy easy!!

Who said anything about "wank metal?"

Like i said...it was my opinion...you disagree, cool.

*joins brass band*

I'd say... that my band (The Videos) are a band that have a serious aim to attempt to grin into the BBC cameras of TOTP's. It'd be a dream. We do try to create a sound in which you can feel our influences yet make it sound so terribly now/slightly future hip... whatever. We like to dance and we hope you do to. www.myspace.com/thevideos

Look out for the super-pop EP entitled "Meow Supermarket" which should appear around the festive season.

*cheap plug over*

For home listening, The Videos aint for me, however, as a live experience they are fantastic, and i love ol' stevies marshall JTM45 tone!!!

Okay... specific question... why aren't they good?

no no no...lets not mis-represent my view.

you mean "why don't i believe that they are not good?"

thats a tough question and let me clarify at this point that im really only on the synthy choices.

to me it has no soul. no worth. as i say, that is ONLY my view.

"not very good"?

How?

Because it's not wank metal and doesn't sound like the rest of the piss that's been sitting around aberdeen and getting more stale by the day?

I'm not saying that all bands haven't mentioned are piss (I like a lor more bands than the ones I mentioned there) I just feel that these acts are slightly easier to get into. I'll give you that HG#1 are perhaps not a band a typical Joe and the street would enjoy or understand.

AKA the fox are very easy to enjoy' date=' nothing too bizarre or wanky... so you've lost me there.

Copy Haho are another band that I find a lot of people enjoy... so again... you lose me.

As for Les Yeux... it's synthy... it's poppy... again... I'm confused.

As for colonopenbracket... they are sitting with a tally over several thousand downloads and a fast growing following of people who are waiting for the live experience to unfold.

I'm not sure why you are against my choices. I thought I steered fairly well from bands who are very much an aquired taste. :)[/quote']

I'd put Copy Haho in the same bracket as Hookers Green, because there's nothing immediatley striking about their music that would catch a casual listeners ear, they are much more of a grower.

Dont listen to him' date=' he only wants to lure you into his potting shed..... :nono:[/quote']

That's not what you said the last time you came there to give me back-up support, and grabbed hold of my big tool while admiring the wood on display... what am I doing, at least the cheap plug had a purpose. Goddam...

By the way, though some bands I dig, or am looking forward to seeing, such as Colon Open Bracket and Hookers Green, have already been mentioned, the utter magnificence of Electric Tibet and its fearsome leader Sandy Galloway have yet to be mentioned, quite possibly my favourite band when I used to live in Aberdeen. Sandy's got a myspace page as Khar Leong, have a listen there.