aberdeen-music

What is with Myspace thingy

Hog

we love myspace!! we use it for promoting our gigs etc etc and its been an amazing resource for hearing/finding/meeting great bands that we would never had met otherwise...and wouldnt have brought/be bringing to you in aberdeen! we met EF through myspace' date=' and Smackdown...and look out for Sincabeza (france) and Knives (nottingham) coming your way soon...all cause of Myspace, so dont knock it!! yes there's a lot of rubbish out there too but if you dont want to add someone just deny them...

BUT we do ABSOLUTELY HATE all those people/bands that beg for comments and send out endless pointless bulletins....'comment my pics' 'comments please...we will comment back' blah blah blah!!! aaarghhh so annoying....

but myspace gets the thumbs up in the Arkade camp! :up:

oh btw [url']www.myspace.com/shazkabam or www.myspace.com/stuartmaxwell

hehe!!

Hmm judging by the t-shirt it was Maxi who reactedly madly to my macrocosmica comments, although i could be wrong. :D I highly approve of Arkade Projects use of myspace and any bands who use it for promoting themselves. It takes some of the power out of the hands of scrupulous (sp?) record companies, because you don't need a deal for lots of people to have access to music. Like them or not, the Artic Monkeys' sudden rise is proof of how useful a tool myspace can be.

I personally feel the typical 'myspacer' is hilarious' date=' and it is funny seeing people put up pictures of themselves taken from a certain angle so they look way better than they do in the flesh - so then other people can comment on them saying that they look really hot etc.

However it can be an extremely useful tool for bands to network and make new fans, as long as it's used in a semi-intelligent manner. As far as MMW goes, we have had loads of people come to our gigs that wouldn't have ever heard of us, were it not for myspace.[/quote']

Nail and head :D

Guest pop-notmyface
I personally feel the typical 'myspacer' is hilarious' date=' and it is funny seeing people put up pictures of themselves taken from a certain angle so they look way better than they do in the flesh - so then other people can comment on them saying that they look really hot etc.

[/quote']

i'm not complaining. i look better on myspace. which is probably why i like it...

MSN and other instant messenging programs are somthing different though. They allow you to speak to people in realtime who are online at the same time as you. It seems strange to me that you find MSN repulsive it's just another way of communicating with friends. And if you pay a flat rate for broadband it's cheaper than a text message or a phone call.

It's just another way of communicating that's replacing intimicacy. Recently, amongst my contacts, one relationship has been ended and one relationship has been inadvertantly fucked-up via MSN. You can't be sincere when talking on there, firstly because it's impossible to tell when someone is being sincere, and also because it can't have the desired impact without physical contact. But im just bitter