aberdeen-music

Emo\Taste Of Chaos Scene!

martinduthie

Ok so i went along to the Taste of Chaos tour.. and hell i expected it to be full of scene kids and emo whiners..

and u guessed it.. i was right...

There were a bunch of idiots dressed in old striped shirts, cardigans all around me, stupid high water pants, 50's style non-prescription glasses, studded belts... i wanted to punch each and every last patron of this establishment right in the gut.

I like loads of bands but im sick of this scene when bands come out.. because they have long hair and get branded emo...

Emo is NOT a genre of music. the rationale behind sticking bands in the Emo genre is that "sadness, love and even anger are common lyrical themes" really? WOW. how concise. there are shitloads upon shitloads of songs about being sad (the blues), angry (metal), and in love (Enrique Iglasias... except not). calling all songs about those subjects "Emo" is like calling all things that are green, "grass". what a load of shit.

I enjoyed the concert.. but was pissed of with the whole scene..

unfortunately, Emo proliferates in today's music market. it's a sad state of affairs, but Emo, like the candle that was grunge rock, will eventualy die. and i'll be there to piss on the ashes.haha!

Im still waiting for hip hop and R n B to die.. but sadly MTV wont let go.. heehee.

Anyways bring on all the ace upcoming bands like Trivium and so forth..

and from now on im gonna call emo, FEMO,,, Feminine EMO..

so cheer up, Emo kid. your loosery life isn't as bad as you think. stop crying, you're getting tears on your Converse All-Stars. :cheers:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be the first to congratulate you on starting another patheticly retarded thread which will inevitably lead to a mass bitching fest.

You're EXACTLY right.

Oh well' date=' here we go again...

You pretty much totally shot yourself in the foot there, up until mentioning "ace" and "Trivium" in the same breath, you were just stating your opinion on the - very young - crowd at Taste of Chaos, then you went and ruined it all by saying something stupid...or whatever that Sinatra guy was on about.

calling all songs about those subjects "Emo" is like calling all things that are green' date=' "grass". what a load of shit.

[/quote']

i cant be arsed with another "emo" debate, but that ^^^ made me laugh!

teehee!

incidentally, i saw some kids, fitting the description you gave, at ToC the other night having an argument which consisted of the guy holding onto the girls arms and just screaming "WHYYYYYYYYY?" repeatedly in her face.

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha even thinking about it makes me piss myself

maybe they were "emo"

maybe they were just teenagers

who cares

it was funny

There were several bands that would've fitted into the media's bracket for the tag 'Emo' but true there were no 'Emo' bands playing as far as i'm concerned.

Yeah. Who cares though? I'm really bored with "what is emo?" it's almost as cliched now as "what is punk?". If you're lazy enough to brand metal bands as emo then you're too lazy to care when someone tries to explain what emo bands really sound like. So it's a pointless excercise.

Ok so i went along to the Taste of Chaos tour.. and hell i expected it to be full of scene kids and emo whiners..

There were a bunch of idiots dressed in old striped shirts' date=' cardigans all around me, stupid high water pants, 50's style non-prescription glasses, studded belts... i wanted to punch each and every last patron of this establishment right in the gut.

I like loads of bands but im sick of this scene when bands come out.. because they have long hair and get branded emo...

Emo is NOT a genre of music. the rationale behind sticking bands in the Emo genre is that "sadness, love and even anger are common lyrical themes" really? WOW. how concise. there are shitloads upon shitloads of songs about being sad (the blues), angry (metal), and in love (Enrique Iglasias... except not). calling all songs about those subjects "Emo" is like calling all things that are green, "grass". what a load of shit.

I enjoyed the concert.. but was pissed of with the whole scene..

unfortunately, Emo proliferates in today's music market. it's a sad state of affairs, but Emo, like the candle that was grunge rock, will eventualy die. and i'll be there to piss on the ashes.haha!

Im still waiting for hip hop and R n B to die.. but sadly MTV wont let go.. heehee.

and from now on im gonna call emo, FEMO,,, Feminine EMO..

so cheer up, Emo kid. your loosery life isn't as bad as you think. stop crying, you're getting tears on your Converse All-Stars. :cheers:[/quote']

what the hell are you talking about really?

You go to a gig like that and you will see a lot of people dressed in that style, just like if you went to a hip hop concert you would see alot of people dressed in that style, same goes for metal and every kind of music.

Stop being boring and stop moaning about emo its sad threads like this that keep this nonsense going.

Guest ()Papaspyrou()

There were a bunch of idiots dressed in old striped shirts' date=' cardigans all around me, stupid high water pants, 50's style non-prescription glasses, studded belts... i wanted to punch each and every last patron of this establishment right in the gut.

[/quote']

I hear you, brother!

Guest Mr Blastcap

whenever the subject of "emo" comes up i allways think of that american comic with the bowl haircut. elmo? emo? cant recall the mans name. anyhow this thread is as gay as the genre it discusses. stop it.

i should be a moderator.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
whenever the subject of "emo" comes up i allways think of that american comic with the bowl haircut. elmo? emo? cant recall the mans name. anyhow this thread is as gay as the genre it discusses. stop it.

That'll be Emo Phillips you're thinking of.

Even I'm getting bored of this now.

This is getting really boring now.

Sorry martin but what did you expect to see at the gig? People all dressed in baggy jeans and hoodies with backwards caps on or is that just for Limp Bizkit gigs?

People are people for who and what they are.Bands are bands for who and what they are. Everybody dresses in certain ways to go with what kinda thing they are into because that is society and society like to put people in boxes with stickers on them telling people exactly what they're looking at.

On a seperate note, what I think is SO funny is when girls go to gigs with high-heels on :laughing:

Guest pop-notmyface

emo whiners..

[/quote']

no no, you're confusing Emo 954442.jpg

with Emo 284609319_l.jpg