aberdeen-music

CHRIS LEO - The Lapse/The Van Pelt/Native Nod, currently of Pro Forma

Dizzy Storm

Guest Mr Blastcap

that was a good gig. neat paintings in that place, partic the ink work of folk in a pub and the scary clown faces. does the piano player woman have mp3's on the interanet? i was amazed i made it out of my comfy chair!

Woooo

Annoyed I missed Kathryn and a great deal of Chris... Being watered and fed by Peacock though. Really nice atmos when we arrived and great to see the gallery being used like this (although today it has a pubby scent), it's perfect for these style of gigs.

Big up Shaz and Maxi for their continued efforts in humffing equipment in and out of this and other venues becuase they love music. Dedication over and above the call of duty!!

(Alternative music is not all screaming gobs and mintal guitars)

Getin

J:love:

It was a great night. The book excerpts were great, wasn't too fond of Chris Leo's songs though but there you go. Kathryn Sawyers and A Furnished Soul were superb.

Just wish it had finished a little earlier. I had to pussy out halfway through Chris Leo's set as I was dead on my feet. And looking around at who stayed after Kathryn Sawyers I wasn't the only one.

Why do 3 acoustic acts need 30 minute changeovers anyway?

Oh and I agree about Maxi and Sharon, superb efforts from both of them (and their Interesting barman for the night).

cheers for the comments folks, glad most of you seemed to enjoy the event.....we certainly did...we were pleasantly surprised at the turn out, thought all 3 acts were superb...the atmosphere, and the setting was just right for this kind of show (dont you just *love* fairy lights!!) so yeah if/when we do another 'non-mental' gig we'd be very happy using Peacocks again..!

so thanks to all who attended, for being respectful to the artwork on the wall, being nice and quiet when the artists were on...and for buying plenty alcohol from us which helped with costs :cheers:

i know what you mean about the lateness...but somettimes its tricky to judge whats best...to have it finish quite quickl(y, or to pan it out a bit....but we'll remember for next time :)

Chris loved Aberdeen, the people and the show....expect to see Chris Leo back in April with his band Vague Angels.....

sharon

Guest Mr Blastcap

who set off the santa, that was really funny. also when the beatnik from a furnished soul was playing he started tuning up- i can imagine like many other people i restrained myself from yelling "chris ! sort that cunt out". smashing though, i'm going to totter down and buy me some art for chrismas presents.