aberdeen-music

My Chemical Romance split

calum

okay' date=' as far as i am aware, "I'm Not Okay" needed a re-release before anyone actually gave a fuck. in my book, that's saying something about a band like My Chemical Romance...[/quote']

there's nothing wrong with re-releasing songs....i mean for example, Interpol re-releasing Slow Hands......Muse re-releasing Muscle Museum.....Snow Patrol re-releasing Spitting Games....

all excellent bands and excellent songs.....but being honest i don't know why they do it.

Money basically. They re-release the songs to make more money' date=' usually repackaging the single with different songs so the people that bought it originally have to buy it again.[/quote']

What if you originally released your best song as the first single, so you'd get airplay and attention - and then thought "hang on, this song never got where it deserved as a single" and re-released it accordingly?

Singles don't make money anyway.

there's nothing wrong with re-releasing songs....i mean for example' date=' Interpol re-releasing Slow Hands......Muse re-releasing Muscle Museum.....Snow Patrol re-releasing Spitting Games....

all excellent bands and excellent songs.....but being honest i don't know why they do it.[/quote']

I think it's fine to re-release singles where the original release didn't get enough exposure and it's a song with the commercial potential to do better second time round. But all of the songs you mentioned and I'm Not Okay received more than enough exposure first time round.

Guest pop-notmyface
there's nothing wrong with re-releasing songs....i mean for example' date=' Interpol re-releasing Slow Hands......Muse re-releasing Muscle Museum.....Snow Patrol re-releasing Spitting Games....

all excellent bands and excellent songs.....but being honest i don't know why they do it.[/quote']

but the point is, did YOU think they were excellent when you first heard them or were you beaten into aureal-submission until you liked it?

Guest pop-notmyface
If I recall correctly the original video was mainly filmed in their houses. They were crap then and amazingly' date=' they still are.[/quote']

Amen Brother! thoust speak the truth.