aberdeen-music

My Chemical Romance split

calum

Let the celebrations and gloating of certain people commence. Not me though :down:

Taken from the MTV2 website, posted today:

'After much deliberation and heated debate between the band members and their label, Reprise, My Chemical Romance have decided to call it a day. When asked about the spilt, frontman Gerard Way issued this statement:

"We just think it would benefit everyone if we quit whilst we're ahead. It's really been a blast to be this successful in such a short time, but this rise to fame is a just too much to take in all at once. We'd like to thank all our amazing fans for being so enthusiastic about what we've done, but we think now's the best time to end it before it's too late."

With regards to the upcoming DVD 'Life on the Murder Scene', the band think it will show the fans all the troubles which have apparently been going on behind the scenes with their recent tour. And the hope that the fans can understand the reason behind the split.

No plans for a final tour have been revealed as yet but we'll post info as we get it.'

Sad news. Ah well.

it's a sad day if they've been forced to call it a day because of their record company.

Why would their record company force them to split?

"Now I know you've been making a fucking obscene amount of money for us lately, but frankly we'd rather you split up. Money scares us, we want to go back to living in a hovel and printing CDs with crayon"

Doubt it.

Yeh, I am hugely sceptical that this is true, they're making massive corporate buck from the teen goth market, they don't seem like the kind of band to chuck that away.

Either a hoax, or a ridiculous publicity stunt to flog their DVD so everyone goes out to buy it to see the "backstage problems", then they'll get back together when they've made enough filthy lucre to buy more fingerless gloves.

Why would their record company force them to split?

"Now I know you've been making a fucking obscene amount of money for us lately' date=' but frankly we'd rather you split up. Money scares us, we want to go back to living in a hovel and printing CDs with crayon"

Doubt it.[/quote']

I'm going by what's posted further up -

'After much deliberation and heated debate between the band members and their label, Reprise

Unless I've just read it wrongly? "heated debate between.." seems to read as if they've had issues with the label - especially if they're still talking about a final tour? :|

They might've had a shit deal and wanted to improve it and got told "no way"?

(wouldn't surprise me if this was a cruel hoax, either)

yup nothing on their site, nothing on MTV and going on their myspace page they're currently happily touring the UK and played Manchester last night.

And discussions with their record company could simply mean them turning up at the company office and saying "We've split, see ya".

Guest pop-notmyface

okay, as far as i am aware, "I'm Not Okay" needed a re-release before anyone actually gave a fuck. in my book, that's saying something about a band like My Chemical Romance...

okay' date=' as far as i am aware, "I'm Not Okay" needed a re-release before anyone actually gave a fuck. in my book, that's saying something about a band like My Chemical Romance...[/quote']

Lots of bands have re-released early singles from albums after they've became popular.