aberdeen-music

Help with CDRW/DVDRW

Riot Radio

Looking for some assistance here, bought myself a brand new dvdrw and have had a cdrw have nearly a year without being able to use it once, they worked fine and dandy, I have the dvdrw install cd at hand (at my flat.. at college now..) but Ive had massive problems trying to get one or the other to work. I'm looking for assistance as to where I would look to be able to distinguish which models i have and drives are required to get them to work good and proper, everyday i seem to be removing stuff from my hard drives to make more room for new stuff, without the option to back anything up, so as you can guess Im constantly touching wood.

Any advice, web help, assistance, ect would be greatly appreciated. Please and thanks

I've tried a few different programs (cd writing wise without success.. think it's a problem with the drives and stuff, although I have no idea, as I'm not really all teched up on that side of things. cheers!)

edit: I might add, the CDRW worked fine up until initial reboot, but since then has never been the same! :down:

Guest onlynik

The following would help:

What OS are you using?

Have you made sure the drive are set master and slave if on the same channel?

Are they both identified in the BIOS and then the OS

Do you have any other problems with your machine?