aberdeen-music

Ok, a new song I have finally finished...

threeornothing

I always get stick for posting unfinished stuff...so here is a finished track!!!

This is a tune the band usually jam but at the last practice we finally found a chorus riff, so I have finished off the track in Cubase (2 nights of hard graft here! :) )

The words are a bit cheesey (but I always thought the tune was) but I just had to have a stab at writing lyrics as I've written about 1 song of lyrics in the last 3 years....

The lyrics don't really go anywhere, and probably aren't the finished deal....but its like an album opener type statement...thats definitely where we are heading (an album) cos we have spent 2 years working on this band...its time to make a proper go (thats what the song is about basically)....see what you think...its a broad range of influences...

http://www.keilan303.demon.co.uk/Dysphasia-Make_Your_Move.mp3

MAKE YOUR MOVE

================

© 2005 Keilan Knight - DYSPHASIA MUSIC

THIS IS AN OPEN LETTER TO ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO LEND THEIR EARS

THIS IS THAT SOMETHING ON MY CHEST THATS BEEN ITCHING ALL OF THESE YEARS

I THOUGHT I HAD LOST IT ALL AND I WAS READY TO LAY IT OUT TO REST

BUT NOW I'VE FOUND MYSELF AGAIN, I'M GAINING MORE PURPOSE (IN LIFE)....

(SO) MAKE YOUR MOVE YOUR CHANCE IS NOW

THERES NO USE SITTING AND WAITING AROUND

DON'T LET THIS CHANCE PASS YOU RIGHT BY

THERES SOMETHING BETTER FOR THOSE WHO TRY

SO LISTEN TO WHAT I'M SAYING AS THIS IS MY TRUTH THAT I HAVE GOT TO GIVE

ITS COMING DIRECT TO YOU INTO YOUR ROOM INTO THE PLACE YOU LIVE

OR ON THE RADIO WE'll SCREAM IT OUT DON'T THINK WE'VE GONE ALL COLD

WE'VE STILL GOT SOMETHING TO SAY, SO THIS IS OUR STORY AND ITS READY TO BE TOLD

MAKE YOUR MOVE YOUR CHANCE IS NOW

MAKE YOUR MOVE CAPTURE THE QUEEN

CRUSH DOWN THE PAWNS WHO STAND BETWEEN

YOU'LL BE SURPRISED WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND....

WE'RE READY NOW (ready now)

CHECKING OUT (checking out)

GIVE IT ALL WE GOT COS EVEN THAT IS NOT ENOUGH

ARE YOU READY NOW? (ready now)

STEADY NOW (steady now)

1, 2, 3, FUCKING GO!

(SO) MAKE YOUR MOVE YOUR CHANCE IS NOW

MAKE YOUR MOVE CAPTURE THE QUEEN

CRUSH DOWN THE PAWNS WHO STAND BETWEEN

YOU'LL BE SURPRISED WHAT YOU MIGHT FIND....

I like it all except the lead guitar section around 3:04 which in general seemed out of time to my ears!

Other than that though, good job. Production ideas are very good, and you can tell a lot of time has been spent on it.

"make your move..." section with double time drums is my is my favourite part of the song :)

Reminds me of bands like A and the vines... or at least for fans of those bands.

by a fucking mile the best thing you've put up so far. downloaded this last night but didn't get a chance to listen to it today, really pleasantly surprised. singing style really suits you, seems a lot less forced and a hell of a lot more honest, really liking it a lot. can't remember who the hell it reminds me of, thinking a band from wakefield called ultrasound from about 5 year ago, as if they'd taken a load of speed and got motivated or something.

the drums on it sound a lot better than most of the stuff you usually do, are you using any triggered samples or anything?

well impressed.

Thanks man! Glad people are liking this...unfortunately we've just lost our practice place so the band is probably back on hold :swearing:

Everything was done "in the box" as it were, its just a load of drum patterns I drew in the drum editor (dear santa...please give me a midi controller!!!!) then routed it through groove agent. I really like Groove Agent for getting good drum sounds quick, the velocity settings on it are great, some great sounding rim shots. The guitars and bass are all through amplitude.

I've now picked up an ADAT machine so we'll start recording a proper version of this with real drums and guitar amps once we get a new practice pad.

Wait till we can afford to record this properly at the Byre :D

On a self praise/humiliation note...how does my vocals sound to everyone? That was pure first take, singing literally after I'd just finished writing the lyrics so no chance to even rehearse. Does my voice sound like the sorta voice you could tolerate listening to the whole way through an album, or should some of my band mates take lead over a couple of tracks to break things up a bit?? Personally I think I sound like old man steptoe....would be cool to know....

just listend to your so called tune . in my ears its utter twoddle mate . sounds just like a 1 bar loop thats it . to tell u the truth dont give up your day job eh . well i can say something it made me laugh . and for the ppl who daid it was a good track . well what can i say all u guys must have glue in your ears . so come on guys tell me whats good about it . it sounds like something i could make in 10 min .just my tuppens worth . thats not a tune its just a loop ... sorry if i have offended u mate but if u r going to put something up in a forum at least make it worth listening to eh :down: also if u guys think this is a good tune i would like to hear what half of u guys hear r making .tell u what i would not like to hear anything if thats what u guys like

not even a good try NEXT

• 1 month later...
just listend to your so called tune . in my ears its utter twoddle mate . sounds just like a 1 bar loop thats it . to tell u the truth dont give up your day job eh . well i can say something it made me laugh . and for the ppl who daid it was a good track . well what can i say all u guys must have glue in your ears . so come on guys tell me whats good about it . it sounds like something i could make in 10 min .just my tuppens worth . thats not a tune its just a loop ... sorry if i have offended u mate but if u r going to put something up in a forum at least make it worth listening to eh :down: also if u guys think this is a good tune i would like to hear what half of u guys hear r making .tell u what i would not like to hear anything if thats what u guys like

not even a good try NEXT

and if your going to try and take the piss it may be a good idea to learn proper english, that way someone might actually take you seriously :D

Good track, the vocals arnt perfect, but with a bit more time taken over them im sure they would be awesome, theres enough there to def show that. The guitar souind is lovely and so is the bass sound, overall a really well produced song.

Hope to hear some more of your stuff up soon.

I am a metal/weird ambient guy so dont take my points tooooo serious.

the bass riff is awesome and catchy, perhaps some Jam and Clash influences? I wont waste your time by telling you that the solo is out. The way that the chorus type guitar bit comes in at 3mins 08 sec (approx) kicks ass. The way that you give it a bit more raaaar to build up to the last chorus helps the tune and reminds me a bit of the Foo Fighters. Some of your high notes are very slightly out but you are going for some pretty serious high end stuff at some points, slightly tweak and sorted.

If that helps, yey! If it doesnt, ach well.:up: