aberdeen-music

want to vote for the top 50 games of all time?

framheim

Where the Friar Tuck is Horace Goes Ski-ing?

horace_goes_skiing_screen3.gif

I have a game called Skifree somewhere that looks identical to that but with slightly better graphics, its ace, but this yeti always eats me if you go too far.

No major surprises i voted Tomb Raider in the Poll, what a game, may even get the 7th installment before the next ice age!

Spoonie! you still got my MegaBomberman? no biggie mind, lost my mega drive eons ago, as long as its still getting good use im well happy ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ocarina of Time. ooooooh yeh. But then Goldeneye' date=' and Mariokart 64 also owe me about 3 years of my life. or championship manager 01/02? or any of the sonic games which i played till i bled. Or Pro Evo? let's do the top 50 hats instead.[/quote']

For me it was a cross between

Goldeneye

Mario 64

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Zelda won.

Italia 90 should be in it.

I don't wish to sound predictable but for me it's Goldeneye all the way. Loved that game.

I'm also a massive Tony Hawk's addict, last night I completed Underground 2 and have now completed Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 3, Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4, Tony Hawks Underground and now Tony Hawks Underground 2 - which just sets me up nicely to buy Tony Hawks American Wasteland when I get paid :D

I genuinely can't decide. My initial reaction is probably to go with Tomb Raider for the Playstation just because it seemed like such a huge game when it came out' date=' but I'm tempted to go with one of the Broken Sword games, or Monkey Island. It's far too hard a choice.[/quote']

Oooooh tomb raider, I forgot about that, Tomb Raider 2 was one of the most amazing games ever made.

I genuinely can't decide. My initial reaction is probably to go with Tomb Raider for the Playstation just because it seemed like such a huge game when it came out' date=' but I'm tempted to go with one of the Broken Sword games, or Monkey Island. It's far too hard a choice.[/quote']

I never really got into Tomb Raider, but it was my own fault. By the time I ever had a chance to play it, I had sampled the many clones that had been inspired by it. Including the second best game of all time Outcast

Edit: And Stuart...Pong? Please. These days we call it Virtua Tennis :D

Oh yeah, Monkey Island or even Monkey Island II. Guybrush is a legend. I love point n' clicks like the Indian Jones ones and Zack McCracken and Maniac Mansion, and Fable (not that X-box one).

Oh yeah' date=' Monkey Island or even Monkey Island II. Guybrush is a legend. I love point n' clicks like the Indian Jones ones and Zack McCracken and Maniac Mansion, and Fable (not that X-box one).[/quote']

Adventure games are so under rated, the Monkey Island games are gaming perfection. I bought Broken Sword 3 for the PS2 the other day, I'm surprised how well the point and click formula works in 3D form.

The highlights of Broken Sword 3 are a tie between Nico's accent and the Hippy-baiting on the Glastonbury level.

Adventure games are so under rated' date=' the Monkey Island games are gaming perfection. I bought Broken Sword 3 for the PS2 the other day, I'm surprised how well the point and click formula works in 3D form.

The highlights of Broken Sword 3 are a tie between Nico's accent and the Hippy-baiting on the Glastonbury level.[/quote']

A Glasto level!!! haha

Unfortunately you just get to go to the place itself' date=' not the festival. However, you do meet a disgruntled country gentleman looking for some hippy who's run off with his daughter after meeting her at the festival.[/quote']

Point n' clicks can some very funny conversations in them. The classic insult pirate duals in monkey island.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I voted Banjo Kazooie though' date=' Ive spent days playing that game. Much fun.[/quote']

Good call. I voted for Banjo-Tooie. OK, nothing earth-shatteringly innovative or ground-breaking, but one of the most absorbing games I've ever played. The perfect platform game.

i'll be voting for wizball' date=' and so should you.[/quote']

I agree wholeheartedly, you just reminded me of its greatness. I used to play it loads on the old amiga 500. Got quite good at it although i'm not much cop at games. I'm trying to remember what playing it involved, i seem to recall he changed colour and you could paint things in different colours and ....were there snakes? I haven't played it since i was 10 or 11. Good memories:)