aberdeen-music

The worst of the radio (november)

threeornothing

Straight up this is some of the worst trash I have heard in my life....

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps

Lil Kim - Put your lighters up

Madonna - whatever its called

That fucking annoying song with Gwen Stefanal saying "You got it like that"

Whoever sings "Start wearing purple" .... fuck off jo whiley, this is not funny

Thats all I can think of, but feel free to throw more on this bonfire and set it all alight

Im with you on the Madonna tune and that Black Eye Peas shite but the Pharell Williams tune is awesome and i dont normally rate stuff like that!!!! The worst thing on the radio at the moment has too be.......................................Edith "spunkbucket" Bowman!!! I cant stand that women, she wellies the word Genius about like theres no tomorrow!!!

Guest DustyDeviada

But there's always been crap music in the charts. To demonstrate my point, here's the top 10 from a random month, January 1988.

Top 40 Hits of Late January 1988

1 Tiffany I Think We're Alone Now

2 Belinda Carlisle Heaven Is A Place On Earth

3 Bros When Will I Be Famous

4 Terence Trent D'Arby Sign Your Name

5 Krush House Arrest

6 Beatmasters featuring The Cookie Crew Rok Da House

7 Dollar O L'Amour

8 Morris Minor & The Majors Stutter Rap (No Sleep 'Til Bedtime)

9 Joyce Sims Come Into My Life

10 Debbie Gibson Shake Your Love

What a pile of shite. (Braces himself for nostalgia fiends arguing that Belinda Carlisle and Tiffany were good.)

She is the George Bush of the radio. A muppet who repeats her ear piece 10 minutes after she's heard something, and says it all wrong. As much as I can't stand the other muppet, she really can't hold that show herself...

"This band are genius they are called Arkade Fire.....this choooooooon is genius, its by crazy frog....oh now this really is a genius choon by the pixies...oh i love this, its a CHOOOOOOONNN, its the telletubbies covering Bob Dylan...get in there"

I like to listen to the radio as it passes the day but as i share an office we have to come to a "happy" station! But they're all shite! Virgins David Gray land, Radio 1's pretentious and dont get me started on that Northsound wannabees!!! Radio 2 and northsound 2's a bit too crusty!! Cant wait till they invent earplugs that cant be seen at all and cut off when someone speaks to you from behind you!! (note to self: invent these tonight!!)

Radio 2 and 6Music have some brilliant stuff from time to time. I listen to Virgin Radio quite a lot' date=' but there comes a point when you can't listen to 'Bohemian Like You' by the Dandy Warhols anymore...for me, that point came 30 seconds into hearing it for the first time.[/quote']

Oh, you just die you. :nono:

Guest bluesxman
Radio 2 and 6Music have some brilliant stuff from time to time. I listen to Virgin Radio quite a lot' date=' but there comes a point when you can't listen to 'Bohemian Like You' by the Dandy Warhols anymore...for me, that point came 30 seconds into hearing it for the first time.[/quote']

I never get tired of that song, the Dandy's are great, even if Courtney is a bit of a nobber. I saw them at the Liquid Rooms in Edinburgh a few years back, they did a good version of AC/DC's Hells Bells. Anyone any idea if it was ever released as a B side or anything?